Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default The Car Buying Scam (Buying & Selling Scam Works in a Nutshell)

Here is a full write up on how a well known car scam works, it has a actual scenario you can read.
I love the last comment.

''The Chevy truck is still for sale. Anybody interested?''

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Scam/index.htm

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheeky the buggers and they seem too have no fear about getting caught.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's unbelieveable! A mates is selling his C5 Corvette on the net at the moment and had a guy call up claiming that he was basically a car buyer for people looking out for exotic and unique cars. First he questioned the firmness of the price. They told him that he will not find a better C5 in Aus for 100k. They guy said he had to talk to his buyer, called back in 10 minutes and said he had a cheque in his possession for $109,000 and all he needed was a name, address, rego details so he could organise payment and the transport.

Mate smelt a rat and didn't feel very comfortable so he told the guy he wasn't interested in selling the car to him. The guy persisted for a day or so then that was it. He'll die when i tell him about this! Gotta keep on your toes nowdays!

Scary stuff!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Jeez just read that whole thing (yes i'm bored! haha)..
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is scary stuff... I guess there are scam artists everywhere.. :(
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I got an email when I had my BA XR8 on Carsales from a guy who claimed to be buying cars for an associate who collected them. Sounded really dodgy so didn't bother to reply to it as I assumed it was some type of scam.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post