Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
cowboy
Cowboy

Default The cowboy is back, but annoyed!

G'day all. After a lengthy absence from AFF it's great to be back.

A little gripe to start with though. Recently finished my latest project. XD ute, 2 pack, warm 351, side exhausts, big bullbar, sunraysia's and mud terrains, fairlane int and some nice airbrushed mural work. Yeah, I know but what can I say, I'm a bushy.

Anyway, passed RWC in VIC no worries, maybe a little loud but still got through. Then moved to WA. Within 1 day of crossing the border I got pinged by WA police (Who dress like park rangers by the way) for bullbar and pipes.

Isn't it about time for some national laws on what is roadworthy and what isn't. It's all one country after all.

cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

What do you mean 1 country, you forgot about Queensland. :P

Good point though.. I don't understand why it's different between states.. it's not like the driving conditions are different or anything else that could give them reason to have different laws relating to mods.

A simple "this is legal, this isn't" australia-wide would make life a LOT easier.
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
cowboy
Cowboy

Bit of common sense too. Outlawing bullbars is a big issue over here at the moment. True it might minimise injuries to a few pedestrians but at the cost of how many country drivers lives? As someone who regularly does big distances (in a 351, sob) and often at night, bullbars have saved my life on more than one occasion. This has got me well ****ed off, can you tell?
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
irpacaus

it is due to the way Australia was formed. It was all seperate colinies that joined together at federation and that the federal government was responsible for tax collection and defence basically. The states retained all other responsibilities, that is why there is three different size rail gauges throughout Australia also. That is also why the states are the people responsible for the poor health system as they decide how to spend their money but the federal government collects the taxes to pay for it.

Basically it has to to an act of parliment in each state to hand over power to the federal government to mandate Australia wide issues. So until each state tis happy to give up power things will always be this way.
irpacaus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bollocks...
each state just want to control their own money... pure and simple!!

gotta suck though :(
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:06 AM   #6
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy
Bit of common sense too. Outlawing bullbars is a big issue over here at the moment. True it might minimise injuries to a few pedestrians but at the cost of how many country drivers lives?
How about they teach the buggars to cross the road properly. In this "enlightened" age we're all supposed to blame someone else for our own stuff ups or short comings. What cr@p I say! Who remembers those old ad's? Hector the safety cat I think? Where have these gone? I'm with you cowboy, this subject she-its me!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #7
HOON69
Banned

banning bullbars is BS if your on a hwy ppl shouldnt be crossing the roads anyways
and if your in the city they should be using crossings at the lights and where its marked to cross,im with ya on this one it aint the bullbars fault ppl dont know how to cross the road properly..
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #8
bprint xr8
more posting less lurking

G'day cowboy

Doesnt it suck having different rules state to state.

I agree bullbars save our vehicles a lot, some people just dont understand the concept of outback travel.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #9
F6Tornado

I will throw my hat in the ring with this one I am a rep for a big company so i do a lot of km's the bull bar issue started because of these wana be cowboys (no offence to you) who drive 4x4's in the city with all the junk hanging off them and no idea what its for same with the city b&s boys/girls never done a days work out west but want the fun and rewards of the bush boys. I picked up a ute mag the other day with a comp runnin as to who can build the most ferral ute is this not inviting more harm than good. As for rules i built a very tuff xd sedan 351 and the works in Vic drove it up to north Qld was there for 3 mths and then got pinged for the drop tank sting ray pipes at the rear wheels and it was to low by Qld standard. It is a problem I took it to court and managed to clear the fine but had to fix the car in the process found out that the car had bench seats originaly but had buckets when i got it i ended up with 3 mods plates and 22 mod to make it comply the moral is if u change it get it plated and u have a case to start with even if u dont need the plate in the state you live in get it any way if u r traveling
Drew
F6Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #10
Bevan Boy

As i saw on a sticker on the back of a ute one day..
"A bullbar in the bush is worth more than a pedestrian in the city!"

haha, but yes different rules sux, cause in sydney and vic u can get away with a lot more mods then u can in qld!!

1974 Ford XB Hardtop - Custom Purple
351 Cleveland - C4 auto with stage 2 shift kit
Bevan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You reckon? I see some pretty wild up in QLD that we wouldn't get away with down here.

Yeah, I don't see the point in defecting out of state cars. They don't live there so why bother, do they not want people to visit their state?
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post