Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
Ozfords
Girls! Drink! ****! ****!

Default BF Falcon Images from Eastern Creek

A Falcon XR 8 and Fairmont

A Falcon XR 6

A Falcon XR 6 and Fairmont

I was at the state meet yesterday part of Sommerlad Racing Team and low and behold I was caught up in a stampeed of BuFf Falcons and brand new Territories. Every model imaginable.

I'm not too use to taking photos of cars under the watchful eye of detailers so I couldn't get any interior shots.

I'm not too impressed, though the mechanical changes help to subdue my unhappiness at the Falcon retaining alot of its previous exterior shape.

Unfortunatley I was going to post these shots up last night, but our driver David Sommerlad had a big off at 140km/h behind corporate hill after being nudged by a fellow competitor, though he was nice enough to show up to the Medical Centre later to tell the team that he was at fault. David is a novice in the Under 2Ls Improved Production Cars, sporting the Nissan Gazelle. He floundered at the back off the grid for the first 2 races but after coming to grips with the circut and how to set up a car he was giving it a red hot go in race 3 battleing with the mini, but after overtaking the mini he became a unfortunate vicitm.

He was taken to the very busy Emergency ward at Nepean hospital for observation as he was groggy and complaining of neck and back pain. He was released late last night. This is his second incident out of two rounds after losing it at Oran Park, surviving with minor panel damage. This time the damage is more serious without it being his fault.

1993 ED Fairmont Sedan - I6 - Colbalt Blue
- XH Snorkel
- Superlow Kings Springs and KYB Shocks
- Cross Drilled and Slotted DBA front Discs
- 18" pre-AU GT-P Alloy Wheels
- Ford Original Bootlid Spoiler
Ozfords is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Thanks for the shots....Must be the dealer drive cars hey?

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Thanks for the photos, you didn't get any pics of the taillights did you?

<edit> The XR8 in Toxic looks pretty sweet. (pretty close colour to my avatar pic too!)
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a BF XR8 Ute on Saturday, on the actual road. Looked good. It was in that new pink/purple colour. It had a Hard Top with the Chrome Bars as well. It was around the South Morang area.
Old 26-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

hey LG, did you get a close look at it? Do you think the hard cover was a genuine ford part? It would be pretty sweet if you can get a ford hard cover with the sports bar now!
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
hey LG, did you get a close look at it? Do you think the hard cover was a genuine ford part? It would be pretty sweet if you can get a ford hard cover with the sports bar now!
It was pulling in to the shops on the opposite side. But it definately had the sports bar, and a hard top.

I'd say they would be genuine now, as the owner wouldnt of had the ute for long, to go somewhere and modify it to work.
Old 26-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #7
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
I think I read somewhere that ford have 2 hard covers now. With & without sports bar.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

That is correct...

Id hate to see the price tho, id say it would be $2500 easy!

Good to see Ford has put alot of effort into getting the test cars looking good, specially with respect to panel fit... Don't see too many BA's that tight around the bonnet/grill region and it looks like they have fixed the drivers side guard which on most of the BAs is lower then the door.

Lets hope the real cars get the same treatment! :hihi:
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
XRated
Shoot.

Thanks for the photos. I'm still disappointed about the bland exterior updates, not to mention the mechanical changes. The Ghia looks too much like a VY Calais to me.. Bring on the ALL new model.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

When will ford ever make a sports bar with the break light built in! GRRR
Old 26-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #11
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

here's one shot of the tail light... not much has changed just the reflector has been changed to make up for the different lens...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tail-light2.jpg (97.3 KB, 176 views)

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
hambo_12

I must say, I was a bit sceptical at first, but I REALLY like the look of the xr8 wheels...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #13
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambo_12
I must say, I was a bit sceptical at first, but I REALLY like the look of the xr8 wheels...
I still am, I reckon! Still don't have enough differentiation from the previous model 17's, ie. they "don't look their size".

Good pics, but not much to comment on really. The cosmetic changes are very minor and thus the cars still, largely, look good! :Reverend:
Old 26-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #14
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Thanks for the photos. I really like the look of the Fairmont.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I love the new Fairmont Ghia... I wouldn't mind one now actually.
Old 26-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #16
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
I saw a BF XR8 Ute on Saturday, on the actual road. Looked good. It was in that new pink/purple colour. It had a Hard Top with the Chrome Bars as well. It was around the South Morang area.
found this

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2599927&curr ent_rec=5&total_rec=55&sort_type=1&make_id=649&sta te_id=-1&search_distance=25

still not my cup of tea :

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Excellent photo of the Toxic XR8, really pics up the real look of the color in the metal, most photos don't come out in the right shade.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #18
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC 5ltr
found this

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_vehicle?vehicle_id=2599927&curr ent_rec=5&total_rec=55&sort_type=1&make_id=649&sta te_id=-1&search_distance=25

still not my cup of tea :

This says:

TRANSMISSION: 6speed manual
But it isn't... look at the pic!

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #19
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
This says:

TRANSMISSION: 6speed manual
But it isn't... look at the pic!
sorry for misleading,but i was referring to the colour which is not my cup of tea.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #20
paul7v7
bring it on

after seeing more and more pics of the BF i think it is a horrible looking thing. Looks like i will be staying with the BA for a while. The XR looks weired. Hope the Orion ones looks better.
Old 26-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #21
Tickford Kid
Formerly known as TS 50

Could of done a bit more with the XR body kit. Looks almost the same as the 2 previous models apart from the front bar.
BLUEPRINT T3 TS50 #109, MANUAL WITH BREMBOS
Tickford Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:25 PM   #22
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

Fairmont Ghia Looks nice.. The extra chrome really improves the looks. 6 speed auto, ESP and more power seals the deal. Vented front and rear discs should be more than suitable for a luxo.

Goauto had a side pic and it looks even better (even in a bronze colour which I usually think is gay)..

The darker/high contrast colours bring out the classyness. Blues, Bronze, black.. I dunno, XR's look kinda plain when they sit next to them..

Oh yeh, what would be hot.. Fairmont Ghia V8 in black with XR8 wheels and dark tinted windows with sunroof. Now packing a XR8 matching 500Nm and a 6 speed auto, wouldn't suprise me if it could catch some LS1 or BA XR6T when they are sleeping.. Back 2001 the only luxury cars that were packing that kind of power were things like BMW 750i, with a 5.4L V12 they made 240Kw and 490Nm.. But only had a 5 speeder.

Apparently the Fairmont Ghia gets its own version of ESP, and a new suspension rejig. Add to that all the improvements in noise reduction and it should be close to being a real euro fighter.

Calais is going to get pwned!!
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #23
big_pete
Sublime

meh, they look the same as the first BA.
Pretty lame really, give us something new to look at!
Old 26-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #24
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
after seeing more and more pics of the BF i think it is a horrible looking thing. Looks like i will be staying with the BA for a while. The XR looks weired. Hope the Orion ones looks better.
It is change for changes sake. As the Orion is more than 2 years away Ford couldn't keep the BA exterior styling the same for five years. Plus it is important that the buyers can differentiate between the BA and BF models as it is the mechanical changes which will make the new BF models really shine.

FF

Last edited by Falcon Freak; 26-09-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Reworded
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #25
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I wonder, did people whinge when the EB and ED were released? XY? XB? XC? XE?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:42 PM   #26
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
It is change for changes sake. As the Orion is more than 2 years away Ford couldn't keep the BA exterior styling the same for five years. Plus it is important that the buyers can differentiate between BA and BF as it is the mechanical changes which will make BF will really shine.

FF
yes i understand all that....
what i said was i don't like the exterior changes they did, i think it was a step backwards IMO. The average joe blow can't tell the difference between BA and BF, I have shown many at work the pictures and they can't tell and they're the average joe buyers. Ford did a porsche and produced a lazy cosmetic update that looks botched.
If they want buyers to know about the mechanical "wizardry" then they better pull their fingers out of their **** and have some decent advertisments soon, it is going to take a long time to explain to the averge buyer why a 6 speed with ESP, etc, etc is better than the current BA, why it is better than the commodore and most importantly the camry which people have got through their head will suck less fuel.
Old 26-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #27
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

One thing's for sure - the BF makes my AU2 feel a lot older than it did a month ago.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #28
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
Ford did a porsche and produced a lazy cosmetic update that looks botched.
Ford have always done this though. XT to XW and ED to EF are the only major mid chassis changes (Ignoring the fact XR-XF chassis aren't that different).
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #29
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

^^^^^
agreed!

but i really hate the fact that it REALLY hasnt changed that much! hardly tell apart from the lower part of the front bumpers!
i would have thought they would have re-designed the ugly **** end!!
still looks like a taxi!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #30
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Ford really know how to milk a model.
I hope VE comes along and really wins the market, will make Ford realise they need to stop taking baby steps and really get stuck into what the enthusiasts want.
The BF is almost the same looking car as the BA and the power upgrades are small to nonexistant.
The new mechanical upgrades may not be enough to warrant somebody to sell their BA or any model ford for that matter for a BF.
Personally they should've just called this one the BA MkIII it would make more sense.

Just my 2c.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post