Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Hoops
I'm Back

Default Coming soon FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD

Hi guys and gals

As the thread title suggests there will be a new club hitting the streets of QLD and the far north coast of NSW in the next month or so.
The new club already has approval from Ford and FPV and i am currently getting sponsors on board as we speak.
The reason for this thread is to see how much interest is out there for a new club being formed seeing that there is already an active club in QLD.
We are currently working on a committee (we are half way there).
This will be oppertunity for all you Ford lovers (post 1991) out there to all meet, cruise and show our cars to their full potential.
If you require any further info i am happy to answer any questions on this thread.
Hope to see you all soon

Cheers

Hoops

Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I think it is a great idea Hoops, as we spoke on the cruise it always has struck me as odd that other club was segregated from FF...I wish you and your committee the best of luck in your endeavors mate

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I don't understand why we need two clubs?

The current XR Club of Qld caters for both FPV’s and XR’s, has a huge amount of members and is a very well run and well supported club. The members are also a pretty proud and loyal bunch so don't think they would defect to a new club.

Just my opinion - not intended to offend

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I will be in! :

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 12-09-2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
I don't understand why we need two clubs?

The current XR Club of Qld caters for both FPV’s and XR’s, has a huge amount of members and is a very well run and well supported club. The members are also a pretty proud and loyal bunch so don't think they would defect to a new club.

Just my opinion - not intended to offend

Cheers, Tori
I dont want to poach members from the XR Club, if they decide to join the new club it will be their choice, i will not be contacting any exsisting XR Club members
Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 PM   #6
Penelope Pitstop

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I was in no way implying that you were or would be trying to poach members from the existing XR Club of Qld. However, now that you have raised the issue and considering you have the exact same target market as the existing club and considering the XR Club of Qld is having a restructure at present the timing of this new club does seem a little opportunistic.

What does this new club offer to us FPV and XR owners that the existing club does not cater for? What makes this new club different? Why would there be a need or want for me to join two clubs or leave the existing one to join this new one? I am honestly interested in the answers to these questions and am not trying to cause trouble or offend.

Cheers, Tori
Old 12-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

You know I'm there Hoops. Lets get this puppy cracking.

Slipper, HERV8 (pur250) also are good to go.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
I was in no way implying that you were or would be trying to poach members from the existing XR Club of Qld. However, now that you have raised the issue and considering you have the exact same target market as the existing club and considering the XR Club of Qld is having a restructure at present the timing of this new club does seem a little opportunistic.

What does this new club offer to us FPV and XR owners that the existing club does not cater for? What makes this new club different? Why would there be a need or want for me to join two clubs or leave the existing one to join this new one? I am honestly interested in the answers to these questions and am not trying to cause trouble or offend.

Cheers, Tori
I have heard that the XR Club is having a few issues at the moment and am not going to air them publicly.
The two clubs will be very similar in what they do and what cars they attract, i cant say that we will be able to offer you anything that the XR Club does not already offer you, and i wouldnt recommend anyone to join both clubs.
I know that you guys are one of the largest and well supported/sponsored clubs around and i dont want to and cant compeat at the moment, its just that the people i have spoken too and the feeling that i have about the way the XR Club is being run behind the scenes which is why i feel another option couldnt hurt.
And i know your not trying to start anything, i said i would be happy to answer any questions
Old 12-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #9
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:

Cheers, Tori
Absolutely,
I agree with Tori here. And to start with a name so close. Are you inviting Tickford cars?? Without going into XR Club current situation, what is on offer that they don't offer? They are the only Ford Supported club in the country! They boast Steve Ellery, Marcos Ambrose and Craig Lowndes as Club Patrons!
Especially at this time, Why not throw your efforts into that Club to make it bigger and better, instead of attempting the old 'divide and conquer'?

I don't care to undermine your efforts, best of luck, but your answers to these questions will make all the difference!
MNM96 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
I have heard that the XR Club is having a few issues at the moment and am not going to air them publicly.

Well put!

its just that the people i have spoken too and the feeling that i have about the way the XR Club is being run behind the scenes which is why i feel another option couldnt hurt.
The problems, I believe, were addressed yesterday.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Does David Elsely still have anything to do with the XR Club of QLD?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #12
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Absolutely,
I agree with Tori here. And to start with a name so close. Are you inviting Tickford cars?? Without going into XR Club current situation, what is on offer that they don't offer? They are the only Ford Supported club in the country! They boast Steve Ellery, Marcos Ambrose and Craig Lowndes as Club Patrons!
Especially at this time, Why not throw your efforts into that Club to make it bigger and better, instead of attempting the old 'divide and conquer'?

I don't care to undermine your efforts, best of luck, but your answers to these questions will make all the difference!
You may want to check about being the only Ford supported club in the country, i know of half a dozen off the top of my head, i know that they are one of the only Ford clubs that are not backed by FPV.
Of course Tickfords will be part of the club its part of the Logo, i could say the same about the XR Club going by your logic.
I dont want to start a sh#t fight, im just after opinions and interest.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #13
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Does David Elsely still have anything to do with the XR Club of QLD?

NO!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #14
Dannopower
The Mandarin Monster

Quote:
The two clubs will be very similar in what they do and what cars they attract, i cant say that we will be able to offer you anything that the XR Club does not already offer you, and i wouldnt recommend anyone to join both clubs.
I know that you guys are one of the largest and well supported/sponsored clubs around and i dont want to and cant compeat at the moment, its just that the people i have spoken too and the feeling that i have about the way the XR Club is being run behind the scenes which is why i feel another option couldnt hurt.
And i know your not trying to start anything, i said i would be happy to answer any questions
AAHH, Good old Canberra Boy! Good to see your stirring up the pot mate!

I'll tell everyone now, Hoops has done a fantastic job of getting our Club in Canberra up and going. I can assure you he wouldn't suggest such an idea in QLD if it wasnt going to be for a benefit of everyone that participates.

288rwkw of EDIT POWER
Go You Good Thing!!
Click here for the FPV and XR Club ACT Website
Dannopower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Well done Hoops

Too often the FPV family day has been without a QLD section...

Regardless if there are 2 or 3 or 4 clubs, each will serve its purpose.

Good on ya for giving it a go and if it brings a handfull of people or 100 together to enjoy the blueoval, then all the better!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
NO!!!
Wheres Dave gone?
Old 12-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #17
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yeah, where did he go? I loved that Pursuit ute of his.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #18
Penelope Pitstop

Dave has resigned as president to pursue his own career and spend more time with his family after 5 dedicated years to the club he built. Dave is a beautiful man and a true legend and will continue to be an active member of the club.

Cheers, Tori
Old 12-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #19
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
The XR Club of Qld is Australia’s No 1 Ford Club and is heavily supported and sponsored by Ford. It has well over 500 + members and continually offers the highest levels of events, cruises, discounts and support to its clubbies.

I don’t understand that if you have nothing new to offer and do not wish to compete and admit that you cannot compete with the existing club why you would even bother…??

And as for the internal workings of the club, do you really know what is going on? Or are you merely speculating? It really seems to me that you are trying to cash in on the clubs current situation – which is just not cricket.

The XR Club of Qld will survive the current shake up and we will continue to grow because there is no way the proud and loyal club members will allow it to go any other way. The club has been going strong for over 5 years and really does not need a helping hand to get up and going - far from it. Why don't you join our existing club and apply for a seat on the committee if you want to benefit us FPV and XR owners with your wealth of knowledge and experience? Why did you not consider that before announcing your very own new club?

So in answer to your original question – I don’t think there will be a great deal of interest in forming a new club considering the existing club is the best of its kind in the country and its 500 + clubbies know it!

Cheers, Tori
Old 12-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #20
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Good on the club Tori, now you have said your peice, i think members can say aye or nay !
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:33 PM   #21
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Instead of trying to justify your place and your club, why dont you live with it and not try to shove it down others throats. Hoops said clearly he wanted an indication of interest and didnt want a fight. If your not interested thats cool we arent trying to convince you at all. If your happy where you are then simply stay there. But the fact is there are a lot of Tickford and FPV owners that have indicated that want this outside of the forums cause they arent happy with whats available at the moment.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #22
Hoops
I'm Back

Tori would it make you feel better if we called the new club the FPV & XR Owners Club of Northern NSW? Is it just the QLD that bothers you? And i am not trying to cash in it is just a coincidence, call it bad timing it has been on the cards for the past few months.
Bigger isnt always better, being supported by Ford and not FPV must tell you something
Old 12-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD is a big place. Nothing wrong with another ford club starting up. Gives members in that area more opportunity to participate in events a little closer to home.

Good luck Hoops with the new club. I'm sure they will be plenty of support for you.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

I dont care which one of you it is but get down here to Wagga in November! :
Old 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #25
Penelope Pitstop

Ok so I got a little passionate… It is just a fairly sensitive issue at the moment – you know that. I am loyal to the bone and I won’t apologise for that.

I am not trying to jam my opinion down anyone’s throat – far from it just trying to understand why? and get my questions answered… and I do thank you for answering them. The original post appeared to be asking for feedback and opinions and my feedback and opinions are just as valuable as anyone elses, however all good things must come to an end. There were also a few pointed remarks made towards the XR Club of Qld and I felt it best to clarify them on behalf of my club.

I am not bagging out your idea for a little club focusing in on the Gold Coast – Northern Rivers area but honestly you must have realised that you would tread on some toes otherwise you would not have posed the question. I wish you every luck and hope your club is a true success – I mean that.

I did say Sorry if I offended but will say it again – Sorry!

I don’t understand what the importance of being supported by FPV instead of Ford is? Can you elaborate?

Cheers, Tori
Old 12-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #26
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:

I am not bagging out your idea for a little club focusing in on the Gold Coast – Northern Rivers area but honestly you must have realised that you would tread on some toes otherwise you would not have posed the question. I wish you every luck and hope your club is a true success – I mean that.

I did say Sorry if I offended but will say it again – Sorry!

I don’t understand what the importance of being supported by FPV instead of Ford is? Can you elaborate?

Cheers, Tori
Dont appologise, i knew it was going to stir up a bit of trouble and yes i did know that i was going to tread on a few toes however i do feel that the state is big enough for two clubs.
Why wouldnt you want your club backed by FPV? I think the reason is quite clear due to the majority of new high performance cars entering the club will have that badge on them.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #27
Penelope Pitstop

Quote:
Dont appologise, i knew it was going to stir up a bit of trouble and yes i did know that i was going to tread on a few toes however i do feel that the state is big enough for two clubs.
Why wouldnt you want your club backed by FPV? I think the reason is quite clear due to the majority of new high performance cars entering the club will have that badge on them.
My vehicle is new and is badged FPV but it is also badged Ford. I was of the understanding that FPV was owned by Ford so therefore if Ford sponsored a club than indirectly FPV were also associated. You may think the reasoning is quite clear but I do not, am I missing something?

I agree that the state is big enough for two clubs however in your original post you did not give details as to where your club was going to be based. In fact you have given very little details as to what your club will be about. I am interested in hearing more - I live very close to the Gold Coast so maybe I would like to join another club.... who knows?

I wasn't the person who posed a problem with your club name either but now you have brought it up - don't you honestly think it is a little close to the existing copyrighted name? Surely you would not want people to get confused between the existing XR Club of Qld and your new FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld... Why don't you pick something a little more stand out - ish perhaps people could give some suggestions. That is if you haven't already seeked the correct copyright + registration approvals necessary...

Cheers, Tori
Old 12-09-2005, 10:39 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ummm

Its been approved by FPV and Ford apparently, one is called the XR6 and XR8 Club of Queensland the other is called the FPV & XR Club of Queensland.... Two seperate entities with seperate names, hardly a breach of copyright. :eclipsee_

I don't see an issue, im all for it, specially if it is going to be associated with these forums and Australia Wide events, like the FPV day.... The original club has a great reputation for its extremely good events calandar, I don't think these guys are trying to take anything away from that, but maybe introduce something that may appeal to others that rather the more laid back approach, e.g. more shorter cruises rather then long ones..

I do not know, this is all speculation at this stage.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 12-09-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #29
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Congratulations Hoops and about time that a Queensland club got back involved with the FPV scene again,it was a pity that the former club political views could not see eye to eye with FPV.
All the best for the future.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Good on you Hoops and all the very best with getting the club going.......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post