Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
aimzes
...fairly odd

Default Volvo XC70 - bye bye!

about 6 weeks ago the people im working for had there car stolen. parked out the front of there house it was taken sometime between 10pm and 10am. 1pm that day a mate of mine saw it screaming down one of the main streets of annandale. 3 young guys were in it. they found it a week later about a block from there house. someone saw some young guys getting out of a near new volvo dint lock it, and walked away. so they reported it.

its near a big set of stairs the pedestrians use to get from the main street, down into the street where the car was dumped. they dump the car there so when they do a robery and the cops are after them they pull up at the top of the stairs, run down them to the car and the cops have to drive all the way around the block then decide which way they have gone. according to the police.

anyway the car had $7000 worth of damage. no sign of a break in or hot wireing. and they had it back in 2 weeks. since then they have been keeping it locked up in there back yard, which they should have done from day one but its the wifes car, shes got two young kids and another on the way. it was a real b*tch for her to treck up the back yard to get it and chuck the kids and luggage in. the hous is on a bit of a slope so that didnt help either.

still after it was stolen they parked it up there, so they learnt a lesson. yesterday however they needed the space for a friends XC90. so the woman gets the XC70 out of the spot, drives it round the block. picks up the xc90 and parks it. by the time she got back to the xc70 it was gone. again.

im never buying an XC70. lol. n little a**eholes. almost getting to the point where you cant own anything nice.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next time i would stick a bomb in it. May not have a car left and insurance would hate you but at least the f**kers die. Lol nah just a bit over the top.

You know whats funny how Volvos back in the day were no where near nice but now they are one of the most luxurious car brands.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #3
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody volvo drivers....
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
BuuBox

Are they locking the car? Does it have an alarm? Immobiliser? I didn't think it'd be that easy to steal a car without setting off an alarm etc, unless you have the keys already.

:( Harsh.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
aimzes
...fairly odd

its got a factory alarm with all the sh*t. immobiliser all that. nothing has been set off.

the people who my mate saw driving the car were around 12-15. the only way they could do it is with a key. i doubt very much they could even hot wire it, i doubt very much i could even if i had all the right tools.

something shifty's going on. btw the owners still have both original keys.

they are so p*ssed off.