Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
topdec
Starter Motor

Default Headlights on LW

Hi
I have a 2011 LW Focus Trend which I purchased early this year and I find that the headlights are below par. It does not have the seeing range on the highway, especially the right headlight.
I had an old Commodore before and the lights on that were brilliant compared to the Focus.
Has anyone have similar feelings with their Focus?

topdec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Headlights on LW

Check that they are aligned correctly first. The right light I think needs to shine a little lower from memory to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.

Actually, can they be adjusted? I don't think my LV has adjustment now that I think of it.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Check that they are aligned correctly first. The right light I think needs to shine a little lower from memory to reduce glare for oncoming traffic.

Actually, can they be adjusted? I don't think my LV has adjustment now that I think of it.
Correct - the headlight closest to oncoming traffic is meant to be dipped slightly for the sake of other drivers

Can't speak for the LW but if your LV is anything like my LT's headlight assembly then yes, they can be adjusted

A couple of big plastic hex sockets that can be turned (1 for each axis) on each headlight
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Cant they be remotely adjusted from inside the car? The centre button you press it in and it pops out allowing you to adjust them.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Cant they be remotely adjusted from inside the car? The centre button you press it in and it pops out allowing you to adjust them.
Correct. The adjustment knob is in the middle of the headlight switch, press it in and it will pop out.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
topdec
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Correct. The adjustment knob is in the middle of the headlight switch, press it in and it will pop out.

Thanks for the replies, but I have already used the the adjustment in the headlight switch. I can understand that the lights have to be fixed so there is no glare to oncoming traffic, that is why there is a low beam. I am talking high beam where the lights should give you a better range.

Mine are that bad that if I forget to dim them the oncoming traffic do not even flash me. The Ford service guys have said that they are adjusted properly. Not happy with the lights at all/ I think my first car (Holden FJ) were better than these.
topdec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
boss-man

Have a look here...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11360341