Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
nb_351
building the xe...

Default car club for my zj

hi all, i have my zj, 80 model fairlane, i want to join a club as i want to put historic rego on her, i have a work van and the family car so i dint drive it often, once a week at the most... i cant justify paying 1100 odd dollars for rego/greenslip for a couple of hours driving a week...
where do i find info? i know theres a 79-82 ford v8 club of nsw and things like that but couldnt find them on here, how do i go about it?
i have the forms here from the rta, the full rego expired at the end of february, and it is in roadworthy condition of course as im a heavy vehicle mechanic so i do it all myself...
whaere do i go from here? i cant wait to go on some cruises and meetups, i love driving it...
its slightly modified, mainly lowered with fat rims and an exhaust... for now haha
if necessary i can take it back to factory specs which i wouldnt mind and make it a nice stock looking cruiser... i dont know which way to keep it so im not sure yet...
ill be putting pics up in the show and shine too

nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
XRO6
On the hunt for grunt

Default Re: car club for my zj

Try this link. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...ubs_policy.pdf

But make sure you read it all as there are stringent rules on useing vehicles on club plates. Hope this helps.
Old 27-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
sanchoXB

You will need to be a financial member of a club, and with most clubs you will need to be within their set area to be eligible for club rego. There may not be a Ford club near you but I'd say there would be a classic & vintage club nearby that caters for different makes of vehicle. Depending how strict the club is you may have to return it to factory spec to get the club rego.

I have 2 cars on club rego, it only costs about $80 per year but you can only use it on club outings or you can get permission from the club to use it for other events.

Maybe do a google search for clubs in your area, also the Shannons site has a car club listing, so do some car magazines like unique cars.
sanchoXB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
nb_351
building the xe...

Thanks guys ill buy unique cars tonight and have a browse while working haha i didnt know about shannons site that will be the mornings job im in western sydney there are several clubs i saw at the ford day but the next one is still a while away
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post