Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Gunman kills 12 people at U.S army base

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...me_and_courts/

Unbelievable. Soldiers aren't even safe when they're off duty. R.I.P, and condolences to family/friends of the victims

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

The shooter was Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

... arrived at Fort Hood in July after practicing for six years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, which included a fellowship in disaster and preventive psychiatry.

At Walter Reed, Hasan received a poor performance evaluation.

Hasan was scheduled to be deployed overseas on Nov. 28, .....Hasan was “pretty upset” about his deployment, which she said was to be to Iraq.

The Associated Press, quoting federal law enforcement officials, said Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.

The article also says he was born in Virginia, but Al Quaeda has been recruiting American born Muslims, to the point that they leave the US and have been caught fighting against US troops in the middle east.

It's not good.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
The shooter was Major Nidal Malik Hasan.

The Associated Press, quoting federal law enforcement officials, said Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats.
One has got to wonder why the Military did not flag this guy let alone allow him to rise to the Rank of Major, why would you have someone like this with assess to military installations????
Old 08-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe it has to do with the military, having to be politically correct as well these days.
green X
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I would believe it has to do with polical correctness, and the constitution. My understanding, from the article, is that he was an American born citizen. He is entitled to the same right as any other American, such as serving in the military.

There are Mexicans that have immigrated to the US and enlisted in the military and have fought honorably in the middle east. There are also Muslims in the US that have not and do not pose any kind of threat.

That being said......regardless of any negative stigma associated with "racial profiling".......if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, and ducks are blowing things up......I say, watch all the ducks.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post