Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Holden liquidation auction

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/listi...&top=0&next=50

Be interesting to see how cheap some of these go for tomorrow apparently a dealership closed down and Holden didnt take back the cars and other dealerships didnt or couldnt finance them

paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #2
Penko

Has the site crashed for anyone else, can't seem to get on to have a look.

Ford Focus LX
Xforce 4-1 Extractors, Xforce 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Performance Cold Air Intake, Pedders Sports Ryder Suspension All Round, 18" Zanetti Wheels, Sony 800 Watt Amp + Pioneer 6/9 + 12" MTX Sub
Penko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still can
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

It was on ACA tonight, it was from a long time dealer (Melbourne) that has been selling holdens for the last 55yrs, it's the 1st time new cars have been placed in Auction, Holden would normally buy them back and resell to another dealer, but with the trouble there in they went straight to auction to be sold without reserve
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Which dealer?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Monaro there look interesting, anyone know the story there?

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #7
SVTVNM
Guzzler

I heard them say it was Mollison's which if I am not mistaken is in Kyenton about an hour or so from Melbourne.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Lol at the monaro! - old stock. Look at the build dates on some of those cars, they even have new WAGONS from 06, no wonder they went broke!

Will be some cheap cars there no doubt specially with what holden have been advertising bonuses on tv etc... SV6 utes 30 kay, SS utes 33.. Should be able to go to that auction and buy SV6s for low 20s and SS's for high 20s!
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #9
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I'd be a bit wary on that Monaro. "Missing Service History" and only 13k's.

Yeah right. The boss and his bum sniffers would have moonlighted in it. I rekon it's had a new dash.!

Find it really hard to believe that a Monaro wouldn't have been road tested over the years, for a genuine seller.

EDIT: maybe a lemon? Had to buy it back? Find it hard to believe they couldn't sell a V8 back halfway through last year. (rego)
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is very scary. I hope this is an isolated incident and not the beginning of a melt down or we may all find ourselves driving P76s and Valiants.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #11
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This is very scary. I hope this is an isolated incident and not the beginning of a melt down or we may all find ourselves driving P76s and Valiants.......
On the telly tonight they said this will probly be the first of many . Because holden won't buy them back and other dealers won't by them because an issue with finance
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 AM   #12
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
find ourselves driving P76s and Valiants.......
Easy ...... Easy!

Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:41 AM   #13
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I think you'll find this won't be the only one. The GE withdrawal is bigger than most people seem to think.

But the trade-off is, if it comes to the worst, we'll be able to carry 45 gallon drums in the boot. LOL
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM   #14
dreadly
Banned

valliants are awesome ;) hemi's rock!
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #15
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
We should be so lucky :-)
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #16
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

If x amount of buyers will be buying these at auctions, that is x amount of buyers NOT buying from other dealers who are maybe on the verge of shutting shop. Domino effect, anyone?

How is Holden in "trouble" when the VE is no1 in sales, selling ~5000 per month?
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
How is Holden in "trouble" when the VE is no1 in sales, selling ~5000 per month?
While a sale is still a sale, you'd do well to find out where those '5000 per month' are going... I.e. mostly fleet and government purchases. For years now the Falcodores have been selling fewer and fewer to private buyers. The number one private vehicle sold is either the Mazda 3 or the Corolla, though it varies from month to month.

And while I said a sale is still a sale, the big problem with Falcodores mostly being sold to fleets and govt buyers is that every 3-4 years they ditch the cars and flood the used car market which in turn causes fewer people to want to buy one privately. Its a self-perpetuating cycle. Look at the Falcon - would you really want to buy one brand new given how fast they are proven, not just known, to depreciate? I sure wouldn't.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
If x amount of buyers will be buying these at auctions, that is x amount of buyers NOT buying from other dealers who are maybe on the verge of shutting shop. Domino effect, anyone?

I have a theory on this (although I hope I am wrong as I dont want to see either Ford or Holden in trouble) Driving past Fowles the other day and I couldnt beleive the amount of new VE Commodores they had, just seemed to go as far as the eye could see.

I think the problem Holden have is that they are over stocked, they havent been able to slow their build rate down and even though they are selling 5000 per month, its not enough to move their stock. Early next year Holden are going to take 5 weeks of additional time off to reduce production (and reduce stocks) Plus they are expected to make an annoucement concerning there second shift (I hope its positive but time will tell)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #19
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Flooding the market will cheap cars will have a huge flow on effect. If the auction delivers real discounts (which they should) then 'normal' buyers wont be buying cars from other dealers who will then suffer. Resale for second hand cars will also drop. The effect will ripple to ford as well as buyers will want to get a competitive rate
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 AM   #20
maccamom
Terri Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
I have a theory on this (although I hope I am wrong as I dont want to see either Ford or Holden in trouble) Driving past Fowles the other day and I couldnt beleive the amount of new VE Commodores they had, just seemed to go as far as the eye could see.

I think the problem Holden have is that they are over stocked, they havent been able to slow their build rate down and even though they are selling 5000 per month, its not enough to move their stock. Early next year Holden are going to take 5 weeks of additional time off to reduce production (and reduce stocks) Plus they are expected to make an annoucement concerning there second shift (I hope its positive but time will tell)
I think that is exactly what the problem is, they may have worked this out too late judging by the auctions.

25 down days are scheduled for Holden in the first quarter of next year. Suprisingly Ford have, at this stage, told suppliers that no down days are forecast for the first quarter of next year.

Haven't heard anything about the second shift at Holden as yet.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #21
Stealth00

Looks like it maybe Mollison Motors article here

http://smallbusiness.smh.com.au/mana...913202981.html
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #22
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wonder if any of them are any of the ones that holden are recalling coz the airbag problem ?? :hihi:

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #23
Sprint347
Tickford

I want that CV8!
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Sprint347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
I think the problem Holden have is that they are over stocked
Overstocked and reduced margins on every sale. VE SS is now 40,000 drive away, SV6 ute is $31,000 drive away - these are private sales so you can only imagine that fleets are able to do even better.

Exports are shot too - Pontiac G8 stock is around 283 days worth according to media reports.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #25
FOMOCO 1
Munch Munch GM's 4 Lunch

SB076 almost nailed it....
I have heard from a reliable source that Holden are allowing family & friends, friends of friends 30% off. As well as this they are signing up there own employees on 3 month leases (which registers a sale) and then selling the cars through Fowles and if they dont sell they just sit on fowles lot.
Think I am talking rubbish, drive past Fowles on the freeway and have a look more crummydores there then there are on the road.
There is no way Holden would be selling the volumes they have been without shifty business.
FOMOCO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #26
Berger
Starter Motor

From what a acquaintance of mine who is in the industry has said, GM finance and GE finance pulling out of Australia has left a lot of dealers without finance of their floorplan, some of these being in the $10's of millions. So they have to liquidate their stock the best way possible to pay back the loans, unfortunate.
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Waggn
I'd be a bit wary on that Monaro. "Missing Service History" and only 13k's.

Yeah right. The boss and his bum sniffers would have moonlighted in it. I rekon it's had a new dash.!

Find it really hard to believe that a Monaro wouldn't have been road tested over the years, for a genuine seller.

EDIT: maybe a lemon? Had to buy it back? Find it hard to believe they couldn't sell a V8 back halfway through last year. (rego)
Why would it have a service history, if its a brand new car.. I would say they have been in storage, they didnt even have the plates put on them, dealers just register them to get the rebates, plates are uusally still in office till they are sold.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are some prices straight off LS1.com.au

08 VE SSV auto ute $36k
08 Barina 2 door 1.6l $11k
07 VZ acclaim wagon $26k!! hahah
08 Colorado LX crew cab base model $29k
08 Astra CDTI wagon $23k
08 MY09 SSV 60th ann auto $42.5k
08 VE Calais MY08 3.8l $34.5k
07 SS auto commodore $35.5k
08 VE SS ute $31k
08 MY09 SSV 60th ann man $42k

Some good buys, but when considering you need to put rego and stamp duty ontop, not huge savings
Old 02-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #29
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Have heard that the 30% employee family/friends discount for locally made GM products will be made available to the public? Is there any truth to that? Or is it already come into effect?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #30
Lynch'd

Did anyone see what any of these went for?

Ceramic coated 4490's, Magnaflow high flow cat, Twin 2.5" Mercury exhaust, BPR CAI , Territory tessa pipes. :evil3:

20% Underdrives waiting to be fitted

My Build Thread
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post