Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2005, 10:47 PM   #31
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good luck with it !...
Just thought id add that here in SA we have 3 FPV/XR/Tickford Clubs (Then theres the GT club for FPV's as well !) and it seems to work well seeing the clubs are aimed at different types of events
Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 PM   #32
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
Good luck with it !...
Just thought id add that here in SA we have 3 FPV/XR/Tickford Clubs (Then theres the GT club for FPV's as well !) and it seems to work well seeing the clubs are aimed at different types of events
Exactly my point...

Different clubs can offer different things...

Its a bit like the ole bowls club situation i guess, you dont see all them going to the one green do ya? :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #33
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

[QUOTE=PirtekGirl76]The XR Club of Qld is Australia’s No 1 Ford Club and is heavily supported and sponsored by Ford. It has well over 500 + members and continually offers the highest levels of events, cruises, discounts and support to its clubbies.

Where did you pluck those figures from Tori,you better do your homework,i think that you will find the Victorian Club has the biggest membership as far as FPV & XR vechicles go.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter

Last edited by GTP 320; 12-09-2005 at 11:04 PM.
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 PM   #34
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Where did you plug those figures from Tori,you better do your homework,i think that you will find the Victorian Club has the biggest membership as far as FPV & XR vechicles go.
Cheers John
Carn John - don’t you pick on me! It is just a fact ok _2: No seriously it is on all the documentation.

Anyway I am over this now - you won't hear another peep out of me I promise! :evil3:

Kind Regards, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #35
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Don't take me too serious lol
Go Melbourne Storm
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #36
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Don't take me too serious lol
Go Melbourne Storm
Cheers John
Im cheering for the Tigers, but Down Storm, Down!

Are most of the Storm still cheating with Drugs like a few years ago? :thebirds: :P : : : Carn the Cowboys!!! :sm_headba
Of course you appreciate a good larf!!!!!!!
MNM96 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:25 PM   #37
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

ive already lodged my and AWC's support but will confirm it again

id wish you luck but i know you wont need it
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 PM   #38
chippa6
Novice Professional

Sounds like a great idea I'm in and I think my brother will probably be in also - both coast boys.

Good Luck and Keep us posted !!

Cheers
Chippa
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #39
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post new club

Hi
I am interested in hearing more about what the new club can/will offer to members.
I actually dont think there should be a problem with 2 clubs and people being financial members of both if they wish to.

My thoughts went straight to: original club having weekend / week trip or whatever, people cant manage to go (for what ever reason), the 2nd club having an outing, cruise, meet whatever, people might be able to attend that one.

Even though I am a member of the XR Club (only a short time) I have no idea what is going on.

But, I would need to know more about the offerings and my loyalty would be with the XR6 and XR8 Club of Qld first (cruises, outings etc).

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #40
347Stroker
Banned

Mate, you have me, and my 3 cars. The other club have never been able to return any email, or phone messages.
I just hope that track time will be a priority, its so hard to find a club with motorsport interests, and there is only BSCC and the HSCC I currently know of that will have me running in sprint, hill climbs, motorkhanas etc....
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #41
Hoops
I'm Back

Yes the club will be be focusing on Northern NSW, Gold Coast, Brissie etc.
It will be up to the members on what they want to do as far as cruises and that go's cause at the end of the day it will be their club.
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #42
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
Yes the club will be be focusing on Northern NSW, Gold Coast, Brissie etc.
That's a pity, to date I haven't found any club that knows there are people north of the Sunshine Coast who own XR's.

Panda
Old 13-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #43
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a member of the XR6 XR8 club of QLD since 03 I have no idea of what is going on it was there one day and off the air the next I have heard rumors but I will not go into them.
Hoops a second XR / Tickford / FPV car club in QLD / Nth NSW would get my support and membership

PS off topic but GO THE TIGERS as an old Campbelltown boy I have supported the West Magpies now the West Tigers for may years

GO BOYS BURRY THE BRONCOS
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #44
MrsF6
FPVXRQLD Club Moderator

Looks like we have a good number of people who are keen for the new club that is awesome.

We still have a little bit more work to do to get it up and running and once all that is sorted we will organise for its first meeting to take place and there we will be able to answer all those who are keen their questions.

Hoops will keep you guys updated with how things are going

Chrissie

Rapid - Leather - FPV Wheel - FPV Mats - BMC Filter - AWC Cold Air Induction - AWC Carbon Fibre Airbox & Computer Cover - Turbosmart BOV - 305.1 Hp - More to come soon :
NOW SOLD

BA GTP - Citric Acid

FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD

Check out our Club Website Here :hihi:

4th Gold Coast All Ford Day
August 2009

2nd Charity Auction Dinner/Cruise
Postponed till further notice
MrsF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #45
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I am a member of the current QLD club and will remain so, that does not mean that I would not be interested in another club and if it looks good I will support it. I am like most of us and I just can't get enough of the blue oval!
I am also in the position of not being able to make it to all the events at the moment because they are all on weekends and I work shifts. The way I see it is 2 clubs means double the chance I will have the day off when an event is on. I only ask that an effort is made to ensure events don't clash and I believe the current club would accomodate if that were the plan. I hope that both clubs can be adult about it all and accept that some people will be a member of both clubs and not persecute those people for that.
In fact I can not see any reason why the two clubs could not have combined show and shines, track days or drags etc (maybe even a bit of friendly competition) of course I would be entered in as a XR club of QLD member because that is what I am first.

Most of all, good luck and I hope I can participate.
Old 13-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #46
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
As a member of the XR6 XR8 club of QLD since 03 I have no idea of what is going on it was there one day and off the air the next I have heard rumors but I will not go into them.
Hoops a second XR / Tickford / FPV car club in QLD / Nth NSW would get my support and membership

PS off topic but GO THE TIGERS as an old Campbelltown boy I have supported the West Magpies now the West Tigers for may years

GO BOYS BURRY THE BRONCOS
The XR6 & XR8 Club of Qld members will be receiving an email soon on the latest changes to the committee and issues relating to the club website. The entire up coming club events for the remainder of 2005 is at this point still locked in and the club will function as per usual.

With the latest changes in club management we now look forward to being more involved with the other state Ford & FPV clubs in the future. GO…FORD!

Matt.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4

Last edited by Noddy; 13-09-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #47
~Nudge~
Rollin with the Autobots

Guys I can vouch for hoops as well, he introduced me into the Club down here in the ACT and ran it excellently. Ive served with him on the committee and like he said, everything is done for the members, not make cash or whatever.
Hoops, the new club already has something to offer, a organised on the ball president who knows his stuff. Ive been in a few clubs in the ACT and only in the ACT Ford club have i experienced activities that occured often and included everyone. we wouldnt be where we are now without hoops.

Last edited by ~Nudge~; 13-09-2005 at 03:22 PM.
~Nudge~ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #48
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
That's a pity, to date I haven't found any club that knows there are people north of the Sunshine Coast who own XR's.

Panda
If there are members that want to join around that area we will accomodate them.
Old 13-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #49
xr6per

Hi Hoops and others

I have been a member of the XR club of QLD since it was only two months old so I know a little bit about whats going on in the club at the moment.
One thing I can think of that the new club can offer is a relationship with FPV. I know that David Flint backed down on his word to the club regarding name change but I also think the whole issue got a bit blown out of porportion to the degree where we could no longer participate in the FPV open day. I have been on all the three Melbourne trips that the QLD club participated in, and it was great every time to meet the members from the other states, they too are a great bunch of guys.
Most other states have more than one club and I see nothing wrong with having an alternative club as long as there are no bad blood between them.
I am hanging out for another Melbourne trip.
I have also known about this club beeing under development for several months now, so this is not someone trying to cash in on the current situation in our club.
I will always be loyal to the current club as I have made many great and long lasting friendships in the club but I will keep an open mind to the new club and hope we can co-exist in harmony, after all we do share the same passion.
The XR club is still alive and well and all will back to normal soon, as we have a great team of dedicated guys who at present are working hard to restore everything back to where it was.
Keep us up to date with the development and good luck with it all.

Per
xr6per is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #50
Stampy

you could count me in aswell ,for the all new NNSW & SEQLD FPV EUR TIC FORD club

just a thought.

And it seems FF has gained a few extra members since this thread started, see there already on there way to joining your club Hoops

Last edited by Stampy; 13-09-2005 at 08:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #51
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the offer Hoops, but I am already a member off the XR club of QLD and I intend on giving them my full support. Sorry mate, It's a nay for time being...Good luck and all the best......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 13-09-2005 at 09:16 PM.
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #52
Hoops
I'm Back

For those of you that are interested, everything is moving along well, just waiting for written approval from Ford and FPV (already have verbal from Dave Flint) in regards to autherisation for using the FPV, Ford, XR and Tickford logos.
Will keep you all posted
Old 15-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #53
shorty
Catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
For those of you that are interested, everything is moving along well, just waiting for written approval from Ford and FPV (already have verbal from Dave Flint) in regards to autherisation for using the FPV, Ford, XR and Tickford logos.
Will keep you all posted
Well Hoops what a fine can of worms you've opened! Although the current club can boast 500+ members another localised club is no big deal. Hoops did a fantastic job getting the ACT club up and running and I have no doubt he will succeed in his new endeavour. I for one will be joining the new club as I spend a lot of time in QLD on business. My Company is also willing to sponsor the new club without any detriment to the ACT club. Is dual membership such a bad thing Tori? A get together with the local crowd is not a bad thing. And as Hoops said most of the new cars are badged FPV, and if you have them on board it's got to be better than just Ford.
shorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #54
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty
Well Hoops what a fine can of worms you've opened! Although the current club can boast 500+ members another localised club is no big deal. Hoops did a fantastic job getting the ACT club up and running and I have no doubt he will succeed in his new endeavour. I for one will be joining the new club as I spend a lot of time in QLD on business. My Company is also willing to sponsor the new club without any detriment to the ACT club. Is dual membership such a bad thing Tori? A get together with the local crowd is not a bad thing. And as Hoops said most of the new cars are badged FPV, and if you have them on board it's got to be better than just Ford.
Initially when I read the post I did not think that dual membership would have been a bad idea either shorty but in Hoops 3rd post he quite clearly stated that he would not recommend anyone joining both clubs. This is when I became concerned.

We also did not find out until much later that this new club would be localised. Initially it read as being the whole of Qld and Northern NSW and he admitted that this new club would be identical to the existing XR Club which considering the timing of this expression of interest I found to be in poor taste.

Of course as we slowly pry out more information about this new club it doesn’t sound all that bad and I have said that I would consider being a member of both clubs… I will continue to support the original XR Club regardless as that is where my loyalties rest first.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #55
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
I will continue to support the original XR Club regardless as that is where my loyalties rest first.
And thats where this debate should end. Far out, there is just too much political BS flying around in these sorts of things - whatever happened to the days where people joined car clubs to meet new people and get out and have some fun? Nowadays it's all about who's in what club and who sponsors who and who gets to use the word 'Ford' or 'FPV' in their club name. Honestly, if thats all you have to worry about......

Even in organising the All Ford Day I am getting rapidly tired of all the politics that clubs are throwing at me. It is a car show and it is not an oppotunity to brag or beat another club etc etc. Its all wasted on me as I am organising it from the point of view that every club is equal and has a right to be there.

I think if we all settled down and took it for what it was - and stopped looking for reasons to bicker and whinge, we'd do a lot better.

[End Rant]
Old 16-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #56
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Here here B2TF, kids in the playground......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #57
MrsF6
FPVXRQLD Club Moderator

Quote:
Hoops 3rd post he quite clearly stated that he would not recommend anyone joining both clubs. This is when I became concerned.
What Hoops I think meant by "not recommend anyone joining both clubs" is that both clubs are going to offer similar things and to him why join both for this reason (if you get what I am saying). However he would also welcome those who did want to be apart of both clubs.

Anyways there is going to be two clubs and hey as many have said in this thread both clubs should be able to get along as we all enjoy the same thing CARS that are FORD

Chrissie

Rapid - Leather - FPV Wheel - FPV Mats - BMC Filter - AWC Cold Air Induction - AWC Carbon Fibre Airbox & Computer Cover - Turbosmart BOV - 305.1 Hp - More to come soon :
NOW SOLD

BA GTP - Citric Acid

FPV & XR Owners Club of QLD

Check out our Club Website Here :hihi:

4th Gold Coast All Ford Day
August 2009

2nd Charity Auction Dinner/Cruise
Postponed till further notice
MrsF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #58
ozyute

Default new club

I totally agree with bttf we are ford owners
wo cares if someone has more money and and owns an FPV
I live on the gold coast and will be attending Wagga Wagga because it is a
FORD DAY
lookind forward to saying high to bttf
ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #59
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by red06
I totally agree with bttf we are ford owners
wo cares if someone has more money and and owns an FPV
I live on the gold coast and will be attending Wagga Wagga because it is a
FORD DAY
lookind forward to saying high to bttf
good cos im looking forward to seeing your ute!
Old 16-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #60
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Initially when I read the post I did not think that dual membership would have been a bad idea either shorty but in Hoops 3rd post he quite clearly stated that he would not recommend anyone joining both clubs. This is when I became concerned.

We also did not find out until much later that this new club would be localised. Initially it read as being the whole of Qld and Northern NSW and he admitted that this new club would be identical to the existing XR Club which considering the timing of this expression of interest I found to be in poor taste.

Of course as we slowly pry out more information about this new club it doesn’t sound all that bad and I have said that I would consider being a member of both clubs… I will continue to support the original XR Club regardless as that is where my loyalties rest first.

Cheers, Tori
All i was saying about joining both clubs was that we will both be doing similar events and cruises so if your happy with one why join the other however if someone wishes to join both thats up to them, believe me there is nothing to be concerned about.