Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
SJFALK
Whoop!

Default WTF Vicroads...

Got a letter in the mail from Vicroads today that reads:

REQUEST FOR OUTSTANDING ITEMS

Advice has been received by this office to transfer the vehicle described above to the name of a new registered operator.
This advice did not include a notice of disposal from you, the current registered operator of this vehicle.

Should you not agree to the transfer of the vehicle from your name, please submit in writing, to the address overleaf within fourteen (14) days of this notice, the reason why the transfer should not proceed.

I have no idea what's going on here. Hoping that it's just a stuff up on their end...but seems dodgy as hell if it isn't.

Going to call them in the morning, but was keen to see if anyone had seen this before?

Cheers,

Sam.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: WTF Vicroads...

How does a sale / transfer of ownership work in Vic? In NSW the rego paper becomes the receipt once filled out by both parties, assuming the car is registered of course.

Have you had the car broken into? Was it for sale recently and a potential buyer had access to the paperwork in the globe box perhaps??

If not, just call em tomorrow. Don't leave it too long.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What has happened, someone has applied to have the car put under there name. No documents have been signed by yourself. It is asking if you sold the car to fill the disposal form and send to vic roads, if not send them a letter telling them that you have not sold the car.

It could be as simple as someone has put a wrong rego on a disposal form.

In Vic when selling a registered car, you need to fill out a disposal form, this form has buyer and seller details, each party get a copy and must sign the form.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

A number of years ago Vic Roads accidently transferred a vehicle of mine into someone else's name. It was down to a digit out when they typed in the registration number. Not good really is it?
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME View Post
A number of years ago Vic Roads accidently transferred a vehicle of mine into someone else's name. It was down to a digit out when they typed in the registration number. Not good really is it?
Considering the VIN goes on the transfer form too, even if the rego is incorrectly entered, the VIN won't match and the transfer should be scrutinised further.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
ACEz

Don't get me started on vicroads, When i got my P's I waited close to a month without them sending me my actual license so I call (turns out they didn't even send it), And a week later they send me another license with Probationary on it but with my L license picture and signature :/
Old 07-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74 View Post
Considering the VIN goes on the transfer form too, even if the rego is incorrectly entered, the VIN won't match and the transfer should be scrutinised further.
Exactly. My car was an Ex Army SII Land Rover and it got confused with a Cortina
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post