Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Default Ford Web Chat

The other night whilst watching the box I saw an ad on tv stating Ford now have web chat up, people can ask engineers questions about new model etc. So I logged on, was put through to a chat room. Any like any chat room was filled with morons who were doing the usaul chat room thing, swearing and carrying on. I thought I will ask a question. I did and 5 minutes later no reply. In fact of the few questions put through I did not see one reply, not from ford any way, just the jokers bagging the questions. Well done Ford, a good ideal but poorly executed. I suggest next time you use a forum for this sort of interaction.

What do others think?

Jas

VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

Personal 1-on-1 chat scripts on sites are a better alternative like lots of companies use for support and sales questions. My web hosts use one and I love it.

Non-net-regulars just don't realise how bad a public chatroom can really get :P
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #3
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

were you submitting your questions into the chat channel, or by the submit question button that was up on the top right hand side? If it was in the chat channel, the engineers would not have seen it, if it was by the submit question button, then only selected questions (selected by the chat room staff) made it through to the engineers

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
xf_vanner

wat is the site i wanna have a look plz?
xf_vanner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut King
were you submitting your questions into the chat channel, or by the submit question button that was up on the top right hand side? If it was in the chat channel, the engineers would not have seen it, if it was by the submit question button, then only selected questions (selected by the chat room staff) made it through to the engineers
Tried both but will admit I am a hack when it comes to chat rooms.
Old 26-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea3
wat is the site i wanna have a look plz?
Go to www.ford.com.au and you will see icon middle bottom of page that takes you there. Not sure if still active.
Old 27-10-2005, 12:24 AM   #7
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

I submitted a question so time will tell i guess. I asked: Why dosnt Ford offer an LPG option on the XR6 when it is the same engine used in the XT that has an LPG option? This is obviously inspired by another thread here.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

It probably only works when a chat exent is scheduled.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
BettyRubble

Another one is on tonight AEDT 8.30pm. I think people need to remember to be patient with these chats. I've been in a few and you're question wont be answered the second you submit it. They go to some moderator who selects the questions to be asked. If people don't read the page you put the nickname on that tells you how it works of course you'll get alot of frustrated people screaming for their question to be answered. They don't repeat similar questions so if you come in 20 mins after it's started and a question you asked was similar to one answered 10 mins before you came in well that's bad luck i guess.
Also the behaviour of some can ruin it for others , they probably wont continue with chat's like this for their fans if people act like animals!
I know i'll be looking forward to the chat with engineers again , was very informative! Those interested in attending there's a like on the ford.com.au website
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post