Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #31
Bangers

Going to work just a few weeks back I saw a mum in a dirty big 4wd take out a motorbike. Happened literally few seconds in front of me. He wasnt moving, as I watched all the other mums in there 4wds get out and check on him.

As a fellow rider, I was more than wishing that she was hit by a 24 wheeler mac truck on the way to Myer.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #32
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilkasBAMIIXR6T
God, I remember my mothers Nisan Prarie. What a joke, went to Perth and back with trailer, 6 people!!
Hah. Go the Prairie! I'm lucky, when my parents needed an 8 seater, they bought a Falcon! An EBII 5 speed wagon with an extra three seats in the back! Don't get too many like that! Topped off with EB S-pak mags, it even looks pretty good for a people mover!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #33
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
I pretty sure a tow truck or something with the other end of the cable tied to it drives up to a certain speed whilst the cables do their work etc... saw something similar on the discovery channel or something a few days ago where they used that system.
if you look closely at the movie you will notice there is a tractor backed up to each crash test vehicle, with the cable running back to it, i'd say it's being pulled by a mechanism on the pto drive on the back of the tractor. Those things can swing when geared correctly.
Have you ever seen how fast a post peeler spins that is driven off a pto drive?
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 03:46 AM   #34
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the accuracy of the impact was amazing
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #35
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

That just make you think, what hope in hell have you got. The video & pic makes me feel sick.
Old 28-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #36
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

I guess the moral is be very careful about getting hit in the side. Be vigilant about keeping an eye out whilst crossing intersections and IF you happen to see him coming then floor it and slam into the car in front of you. Atleast it will be a safer accident.

This vid reminds me of Wulos's accident in sydney where a car T-boned him. He was very, very lucky the car didnt hit a foot or so more up the drivers door or it would have been good night for sure.

I dont really think Car manufacturers can do alot more to protect form side on impacts. Atleast not at higher speeds. So much force is delivered that it would be very hard for any structure to sustain.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #37
460cixy
burn out king

oh no a 4x4 ate my baby. sorry fellas im starting to get realy cheased with the 4x4 bashing maybe you can all go to scrubbys site and do it there. what if it was a truck hiting the car? we going to ban all trucks too? maybe we should all ride treadlys?
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #38
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460cixy
oh no a 4x4 ate my baby. sorry fellas im starting to get realy cheased with the 4x4 bashing maybe you can all go to scrubbys site and do it there. what if it was a truck hiting the car? we going to ban all trucks too? maybe we should all ride treadlys?
Yeah but the point is 4WDs in the city aren't neccessary. Trucks are essential to transport things everywhere. A lot of 4WDs owners make it their right to intimidate other road users just because of the size of the things.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #39
fast66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Yeah but the point is 4WDs in the city aren't neccessary. Trucks are essential to transport things everywhere. A lot of 4WDs owners make it their right to intimidate other road users just because of the size of the things.
And my point is that some poeple do think a 4x4 is necessary, while others think a V8 or a turbo, is completely unneccessary. As I said, if we join forces with these anti whatever wacos, we WILL be targeted next.
fast66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #40
Bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
the accuracy of the impact was amazing
Your kidding right? At 60KM/hr, you travel 16.6m/second, at 100KM/hr, you travel at 27.7m/second. Launch both cars towards same point at the same point, at 83m and 139m respectively away from the target, you'll hit the spot at the same time 5 seconds later.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #41
VilkasBAMIIXR6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Hah. Go the Prairie! I'm lucky, when my parents needed an 8 seater, they bought a Falcon! An EBII 5 speed wagon with an extra three seats in the back! Don't get too many like that! Topped off with EB S-pak mags, it even looks pretty good for a people mover!
I think the Prairie was powered by a huge 1.5 litre engine or something simliar. Build quality was typical of 80's models Nissans, crap. EBII would have been a lot better. My mum didn't buy a Ford till EL. She loved that car until some drunk moron cleaned it up whilst it was parked. Before then was a long spate of Nissans, 120Ybother, Pintara, Bluebird...............
VilkasBAMIIXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #42
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Anyone else really impressed with the way those cars are accelerated by the winch system????
I was very impressed they got to 100km/h in a short period of time.
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post