Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2005, 03:04 AM   #31
masters24
I gots me a UTE

I believe that you will always get morons on the road. A lot of them don't even know the risk that they are taking by tailgating, or going that extra 10kmph. Although, they wouldn't consider themselves as reckless drivers, however, a policeman might.

I know that the earlier commodores cop a lot of flack for having young guys (or even girls) driving the VK/VL/VN etc... But what about the guys who drive the XD/XE/XF's... I am a proud XE driver who is careful on the roads, but God knows if I am doing something that someone else may find offensive.

I do not hate Holden’s (just think that they are not as good as Fords) and I have nothing against them, but I just think that we need to realise that kids my age will be young and reckless no matter if they can afford a falcon or a commodore. As for the older people on their P's, that obviously proves that they never grew out of their reckless stages in the first place.

I know that this sounds like a lot for a 17 year old chick, but my honest belief is that the badge on the vehicle doesn't matter; it is the person in the driver’s seat that makes someone frustrated. I hope this hasn't been too confusing for you... sorry if it has...

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 03:43 AM   #32
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
but my honest belief is that the badge on the vehicle doesn't matter; it is the person in the driver’s seat that makes someone frustrated.
Agreed.

I've noticed alot of late that the new driving rule is keep right unless overtaking..

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
I believe that you will always get morons on the road. A lot of them don't even know the risk that they are taking by tailgating, or going that extra 10kmph. Although, they wouldn't consider themselves as reckless drivers, however, a policeman might.

I do not hate Holden’s (just think that they are not as good as Fords) and I have nothing against them, but I just think that we need to realise that kids my age will be young and reckless no matter if they can afford a falcon or a commodore.
Agreed, there will always be idiots on the roads.

As much as logic tells me that we only notice the commodores being driven by tools, my experience begs to differ - friday night I saw about 30 commodores all leaving the local safeway car park together, it was a sea of P plates, VLs, VNs & VPs, after market rims, extremely loud exhausts, cars so low you could be forgiven for expecting the diff to be scraping along the ground and paint so highly polished looking that sunlight reflecting off it would probably blind you.

Fair enough, they obviously all were proud of their cars, but out of all of them, only 3 didn't leave the car park in a cloud of smoke from their rear tyres. Keeping in mind this was in a shopping area, with lots of pedestrians around, as well as other traffic.

I don't hate Holdens either, but I will say I have no respect for tools like that, and I think the reasons that tools like that are choosing commodores at the moment is because of the way commodores seemed to own the track during the AU era in the V8 supercars, many people still believe Holden are the more 'Australian' choice, the gear ratios in commodores has always been good for the 0-100km/h run, and Holden do their best to appeal to what could be described as the 'hoon' element via their advertising and brand image.

If Fords had been dominating for years and years in the V8 supercars, changed their advertising to appeal to this demographic, and revised the gear ratios to give them a quicker 0-100km/h time then a commodore, those same tools that I saw leaving the safeway carpark would probably be driving various model Falcons instead.

Quote:
As for the older people on their P's, that obviously proves that they never grew out of their reckless stages in the first place.

I know that this sounds like a lot for a 17 year old chick, but my honest belief is that the badge on the vehicle doesn't matter; it is the person in the driver’s seat that makes someone frustrated. I hope this hasn't been too confusing for you... sorry if it has...
I take offence at the implication that older people on their P's are more likely to be idiots, I'm 27 and on my Ps myself, and it's not because I'm a hoon or anything like that. It's a result of many different factors, some of which were beyond my control.

I did not have access to a car on a regular basis when I was old enough to get my Ls, and had no real need to drive because everywhere that I went was only a short walk or train ride away anyway.

I also had seen too many young people killed or seriously injured as a result of not understanding the physics of over a tonne of metal, plastic and rubber being out of control, and felt that the smart thing to do was to not get behind the wheel of a car until I felt I was ready and able to handle something so potentially deadly, not just to me and any passengers I may have, but also to innocent people.

I honestly think not enough people realise just how deadly a car can be, and don't take driving seriously enough, and too many rush into getting their license when really they are not ready or mature enough for it.

Sorry, I felt I had to respond to that, I'll get off my soapbox now

Last edited by The MaDDeSTMaN; 25-09-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fixing spelling mistakes
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #34
EDXR
GRRRRRR

I find that the people who really take pride in their vehicle tend not to be the ones tailgating or cutting in at the last moment.
It dosn't matter if it's a holden,ford or anything else for that matter, if the owner puts in alot of time and money he or she tends to take less stupid risks on the road.

One of the most important things i was told when learning to drive:

"It's better to get somewhere 5 mins late than dead."
Real good advice i reckon.
EDXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #35
xxxc
tuff

hmm good thread.
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #36
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN

I take offence at the implication that older people on their P's are more likely to be idiots, I'm 27 and on my Ps myself, and it's not because I'm a hoon or anything like that. It's a result of many different factors, some of which were beyond my control.

I did not have access to a car on a regular basis when I was old enough to get my Ls, and had no real need to drive because everywhere that I went was only a short walk or train ride away anyway.
Honestly, Sorry if I offended you.
When I made that statement i was thinking about 2 friends of mine. One who has lost her licence 4 times (due to DUI) and now has got her P's. However now she has to blow in the bag before she can go anywhere. The other person had lost his licence twice for car accidents that were his fault. The second one killed a man. He now has his P's again and is still a reckless hoon.

Once again, sorry if i offended you. As always, there are some diamonds in the rough.

Old 26-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #37
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Honestly, Sorry if I offended you.
When I made that statement i was thinking about 2 friends of mine. One who has lost her licence 4 times (due to DUI) and now has got her P's. However now she has to blow in the bag before she can go anywhere. The other person had lost his licence twice for car accidents that were his fault. The second one killed a man. He now has his P's again and is still a reckless hoon.

Once again, sorry if i offended you. As always, there are some diamonds in the rough.
I should apologise, I shouldn't have taken it personally, and for that, I apologise.

I understand that there are people out there who are on their Ps when they could be on their full license as a direct result of their own stoopid actions, and I really should try to remember that I am quite possibly the exception to the rule.

No harm done, I can see where you were coming from, and I understand that I'm the exception rather then the rule, so it's all good
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #38
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
I should apologise, I shouldn't have taken it personally, and for that, I apologise.

I understand that there are people out there who are on their Ps when they could be on their full license as a direct result of their own stoopid actions, and I really should try to remember that I am quite possibly the exception to the rule.

No harm done, I can see where you were coming from, and I understand that I'm the exception rather then the rule, so it's all good
It's all good, I also understand completely where you are coming from....
Suppose it is just letting me know to hink before i write the things that come to mind.... :alien2:
Anyway, back to the topic at hand....