Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #31
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The triple discount (12 cents per litre) is available for all car insurance products they sell. So for my car, the cheapest option available is for third party property damage at $135. Thus i then become eligible to purchase 150 litres per month at 12 cents per litre off (8 cents a litre more than with docket alone). 150 litres at 8 cents=$12 per month =$144 per year. I make $9 by taking out insurance.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #32
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Coles Insurance interesting results.
$350 more expensive for the Ute I am getting will be insured with AAMI or CGU and $400 more expensive for my wife's 2008 Fiesta insured with Bingle.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #33
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Small thing but it is Wesfarmers not Westfarmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Westfarmers is a publicly listed company on the australian stock exchange. It is owned by you, me ad everyone who has a superannuation policy, or has shares in it.

Its all part of the "birth to grave" customer retention strategy, they sell the lemons, now they want to insure the lemons, and soon they will be buying Holdens, so they can make the lemons.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NRMA has just quoted 952 no under 25's for comprehensive and Coles insurance 746 includes my under 25 son or 644 without but still includes an occasional driver. Quote will come down to 612 with my staff discount plus the triple discount on fuel once a month. I have 4 policies with them and even if I remove that one it will be worth changing. When I have time I will check the other policies and see if I can save some more.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #35
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
eh mine was about 150 lower as well

my insurence is due for renewal in about a months time when i put the info about the car it says they want to talk tome so will see what happens tomorrow

Jason
welli wont be going with them they didnt even call me back like they said they would with in 24 hours

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #36
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
welli wont be going with them they didnt even call me back like they said they would with in 24 hours
Website says 48 hours.
Just got a quote for my sons MX6, currently 1900 through NRMA, Coles has quoted 1000 but as you say they want to talk so will be ringing them next week when I have the time.