Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Tez, then Falc(?) to get Park Assist

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25784F0010C61E
Quote:
10 March 2011 By RON HAMMERTON A NEW electric power-assist steering system (EPAS) to be introduced on the latest Ford Territory from May will also be extended to the facelifted Falcon due later this year, opening the door for Ford Australia to also become the first local car-maker to adopt one-touch automatic parallel parking. GoAuto understands that Falcon will follow Territory by getting the Nexteer Automotive electric steering package as part of a global roll-out of the fuel-saving technology by the Blue Oval, which has a goal of 90 per cent EPAS fitment across its range by 2012. Falcon is also expected to get the new Territory’s driver’s knee airbag, improved noise suppression measures and latest Bosch 9.0 stability control system that includes an anti-roll-over function. The Ford electric steering system confirmed for Territory - and also fitted to the Ford Mustang in the US - can be upgraded into a fully fledged automatic parallel parking system, which Ford calls Active Park Assist (APS), by adding the necessary software, sensors and console button. In the US, Ford vehicles such as the Escape, Flex, Mercury Mariner, Lincoln MKS and Lincoln MKT already have the parking system, which is activated by a press of the button on the centre console. Ford2011 Territory center imageFrom top: Ford Territory TDCi, FG Ford Falcon, a diagram of the Territory's steering and suspension. Guided by ultrasonic sensors that can also double as a blind-spot warning system, APS then takes over, steering the car into the parking space without the driver touching the steering wheel. The driver still needs to operate the accelerator, brakes and transmission shift, but the steering is automatic. If necessary, the driver can take over the steering by grabbing the wheel. Several prestige cars already on the Australian market - including some from Lexus, BMW, Volvo and Volkswagen - already have the system, but Ford will be the first to introduce it into local family cars. In fact, some are already more sophisticated systems, with BMW’s latest 5 Series Touring even capable of picking out a parking spot while on the move. Ford’s European imports, including the upcoming 2011 Focus due in Australian showrooms in the third quarter of this year, are also in line for EPAS and, potentially, APS. Ford this week officially announced that the new Territory, which is set to go into production at the Broadmeadows plant in late March, will get EPAS, but a Ford spokesman told GoAuto that he knew of no plans to introduce the added parking system in SZ Territory. However, he would not rule out such a development in the longer term on local Fords. When it comes, APS is likely to be introduced on high-end models such as the Territory Titanium, which replaces the Ghia as the luxury flagship of the Territory range. Currently, the petrol-powered Territory Ghia is priced from $52,890 in two-wheel-drive form and $66,820 in AWD from. The introduction of the parking system and other benefits of EPAS, such as ‘pull-drift compensation’ and variable speed assistance, will give Ford much-needed bragging rights over rivals GM Holden and Toyota. The Holden Commodore and Toyota Camry both still feature conventional hydraulic-mechanical steering systems with power assistance provided by an engine-driven pump. One of the major reasons Ford has switched to EPAS is to remove the mechanical drag of the pump, a move that it says will improve Territory fuel consumption by 2.5 per cent – another plus for the Ford models over rivals. This system will especially help the forthcoming four-cylinder EcoBoost Falcon, not only aiding fuel efficiency but performance by giving the relatively small 2.0-litre engine one less task to perform. However, Ford will need to overcome a certain stigma attached to such electric power-steering systems, as early efforts have been far from impressive compared with the best hydro-mechanical systems that so far have delivered greater ‘feel’. GoAuto recently drove an American version of the Focus equipped with both EPAS and APS, but was underwhelmed by the steering system that lacks response off-centre and is deficient in the feel and feedback - let alone the tactility and precision - of its forebears. Ford Asia-Pacific vehicle dynamics manager Alex de Vlugt said at Wednesday’s briefing that the negatives of such systems had only been eliminated in the past three or four years. He said Ford’s system met the Territory design goals of ‘fun to drive’ and ‘great driver feedback’, which also delivering lighter low-speed efforts and speed-dependent assistance control to match the steering to the driving situation. Asked if the EPAS system would also appear on the facelifted Falcon due later this year, he said: “Watch this space.” The Ford EPAS system is a sealed unit on the steering rack, not a column-mounted unit like some others. An electric motor controlled by an electronic module drives the steering gears to turn the wheels. It is this motor that makes the parking function possible, turning the steering under the control of the ECU which acts on information from external sensors.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I've cleaned the article up a bit so my head won't explode.

Quote:
A NEW electric power-assist steering system (EPAS) to be introduced on the latest Ford Territory from May will also be extended to the facelifted Falcon due later this year, opening the door for Ford Australia to also become the first local car-maker to adopt one-touch automatic parallel parking.

GoAuto understands that Falcon will follow Territory by getting the Nexteer Automotive electric steering package as part of a global roll-out of the fuel-saving technology by the Blue Oval, which has a goal of 90 per cent EPAS fitment across its range by 2012.

Falcon is also expected to get the new Territory’s driver’s knee airbag, improved noise suppression measures and latest Bosch 9.0 stability control system that includes an anti-roll-over function.

The Ford electric steering system confirmed for Territory - and also fitted to the Ford Mustang in the US - can be upgraded into a fully fledged automatic parallel parking system, which Ford calls Active Park Assist (APS), by adding the necessary software, sensors and console button.

In the US, Ford vehicles such as the Escape, Flex, Mercury Mariner, Lincoln MKS and Lincoln MKT already have the parking system, which is activated by a press of the button on the centre console.

Guided by ultrasonic sensors that can also double as a blind-spot warning system, APS then takes over, steering the car into the parking space without the driver touching the steering wheel.

The driver still needs to operate the accelerator, brakes and transmission shift, but the steering is automatic. If necessary, the driver can take over the steering by grabbing the wheel.

Several prestige cars already on the Australian market - including some from Lexus, BMW, Volvo and Volkswagen - already have the system, but Ford will be the first to introduce it into local family cars. In fact, some are already more sophisticated systems, with BMW’s latest 5 Series Touring even capable of picking out a parking spot while on the move.

Ford’s European imports, including the upcoming 2011 Focus due in Australian showrooms in the third quarter of this year, are also in line for EPAS and, potentially, APS.

Ford this week officially announced that the new Territory, which is set to go into production at the Broadmeadows plant in late March, will get EPAS, but a Ford spokesman told GoAuto that he knew of no plans to introduce the added parking system in SZ Territory. However, he would not rule out such a development in the longer term on local Fords.

When it comes, APS is likely to be introduced on high-end models such as the Territory Titanium, which replaces the Ghia as the luxury flagship of the Territory range. Currently, the petrol-powered Territory Ghia is priced from $52,890 in two-wheel-drive form and $66,820 in AWD from.

The introduction of the parking system and other benefits of EPAS, such as ‘pull-drift compensation’ and variable speed assistance, will give Ford much-needed bragging rights over rivals GM Holden and Toyota.

The Holden Commodore and Toyota Camry both still feature conventional hydraulic-mechanical steering systems with power assistance provided by an engine-driven pump.

One of the major reasons Ford has switched to EPAS is to remove the mechanical drag of the pump, a move that it says will improve Territory fuel consumption by 2.5 per cent – another plus for the Ford models over rivals.

This system will especially help the forthcoming four-cylinder EcoBoost Falcon, not only aiding fuel efficiency but performance by giving the relatively small 2.0-litre engine one less task to perform.

However, Ford will need to overcome a certain stigma attached to such electric power-steering systems, as early efforts have been far from impressive compared with the best hydro-mechanical systems that so far have delivered greater ‘feel’.

GoAuto recently drove an American version of the Focus equipped with both EPAS and APS, but was underwhelmed by the steering system that lacks response off-centre and is deficient in the feel and feedback - let alone the tactility and precision - of its forebears.

Ford Asia-Pacific vehicle dynamics manager Alex de Vlugt said at Wednesday’s briefing that the negatives of such systems had only been eliminated in the past three or four years.

He said Ford’s system met the Territory design goals of ‘fun to drive’ and ‘great driver feedback’, which also delivering lighter low-speed efforts and speed-dependent assistance control to match the steering to the driving situation.

Asked if the EPAS system would also appear on the facelifted Falcon due later this year, he said: “Watch this space.”

The Ford EPAS system is a sealed unit on the steering rack, not a column-mounted unit like some others.

An electric motor controlled by an electronic module drives the steering gears to turn the wheels. It is this motor that makes the parking function possible, turning the steering under the control of the ECU which acts on information from external sensors.
So they're saying the FGII or whatever will get EPAS???

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I've cleaned the article up a bit so my head won't explode.
Thanks - was in the process of doing that the elusive "br /"
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

EPAS is going to be a struggle in the Falcon.

There just isn't enough room, however EcoBoost might help that.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
MexicanBatman
Banned

I can think of a whole lot more things I'd want before that park crap, c'mon people learn to drive, I can reverse an a330 into a hangar in the dark with 2m either side of the wingtips, I can more than comfortably parallel park my car... I'd rather that money be spent on something silly like massaging seats, of maybe a bigger fuel tank and one touch UP windows, even $2 Korean cars have them
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton

Ecoboost could be the key, yeah. I would imagine they won't bother with the I6 because its days are numbered anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanBatman
I can think of a whole lot more things I'd want before that park crap, c'mon people learn to drive, I can reverse an a330 into a hangar in the dark with 2m either side of the wingtips, I can more than comfortably parallel park my car... I'd rather that money be spent on something silly like massaging seats, of maybe a bigger fuel tank and one touch UP windows, even $2 Korean cars have them
Its a ****y feature that people crave when buying new cars these days. But I agree on the power windows - if they can't bring out auto up and down windows at least for the driver after all this time, then Ford will burn in hell.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton

Looking at the unit in territory it is quite big. BUT, it fits into mustang which is hardly the most spacious engine bay going around.... Looking at how it is 'rack mounted' i'd say that is the end of the current FG variable ratio rack then. Bit of a shame i quite liked that idea but such is progress.

I doubt ford will put it just on ecoboost and not I6. Yes I6 days are numbered but if they wanted to keep FG I6 EPAS free they would have left it off the I6 in RWD territory you'd think....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Wouldn't it need front parking sensors first before it got this auto parking feature?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #9
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This parking thing came with my wife's Merc. At first, I thought it was a bit of a ****, but it really is useful. If you are trying to find a park quickly, it will confirm that the size is correct, and when you use it, you can duck in very quickly with minimal risk of touching either car or the curb, or annoyance to the driver behind.
hawke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
I'm happy with my reversing skills, although they aren't up to your standard!!!

Auto assist park is a techy thing but it gets people talking in the lunchrooms and watercoolers at work, just as the VW advert that launched last month.

People need to be taught to associate Ford with Technology. Whether the traditionalists (as many on here are) like it or not.

If Active Park Assist or whatever acronym they come up with helps people consider a Falcon or Territory then it is a very good thing. It takes away the 'it's too big to park'.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
I would imagine they won't bother with the I6 because its days are numbered anyway.
whare did that gem come from? they just spent a heap on getting it euro compliant don't think they will ditch it for a while yet

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Come the next re-body whatever form it takes, its gone.

2015/16 is when that should be.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Come the next re-body whatever form it takes, its gone.

2015/16 is when that should be.
5 years from now. Unless they were to replace it in the next 12-24 months (which would cost too much probably), then they don't have much choice but to continue upgrading ancilliaries inline with the other models.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
apart from parking assist the electric power steer opens the way for other safety items like anti lane drift,etc,etc, and there`s probably more people out there that would buy a car with park assist than the one touch window or bigger tank.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I rarely reverse park so I don't see this as necessary. Plus I am confident with my reverse parking skills.
I mean I got a licence, and that is pretty much the only thing they test you on.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #16
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

if all cars start with this junk, does it mean the reverse park will be scrapped from the driving test.

I can back a Semi into a driveway, blind side in the dark

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
MexicanBatman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
apart from parking assist the electric power steer opens the way for other safety items like anti drift
Ohh that's it ford have lost my sale, I don't want a car with anti drift...

I may have slightly edited your quote ;)

But seriously I'm getting tired of this technology thats driving the car for you, it creates poor drivers

Remember un assisted drum brakes, manual steering, column shift manuals, I do and I'm not even 30 and I've owned many cars with all that, i was talking the other day at work how I prefer column shift manuals to floor shift manuals on a regular cruiser, and some new kid didn't even know what column shift was, nor had a manual license, wtf... Nothing like a tight reverse park on a hill in your 1966 ap6 valiant column shift manual with only factory driver side guard mounted mirror to raise a little sweat.... Not like my FG which has power everything and beeps at you telling you your going to reverse into that barina and passenger side mirror that dips so you don't scratch your optional 19" rims
Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Look, parking isn't a knob measuring contest.

If someone in front of me is struggling to park and a bit of technology
gets them into the parking space in one go then all the better.

We should be thinking that this type of technology gets people out of our way quicker.

That has to be a good thing.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #19
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
whare did that gem come from? they just spent a heap on getting it euro compliant don't think they will ditch it for a while yet
$21 million to be exact and the government threw in $13 million so basically loose change.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the EB I-4 replace the I-6 in the Territory in the next 12-18 months,
by then diesel will have the majority of sales and petrol buyers will be looking for more economy.

There is a strong rumor getting round that there is insufficient room for the EPAS on Falcon due to
the location of assist motor on the rack, not the steering column so adequate width and height
is needed to locate it. I suspect that the room is not there with the I-6 Falcon but the EB-4 might be OK.

Anyway, we will find out soon.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
MexicanBatman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Look, parking isn't a knob measuring contest.

If someone in front of me is struggling to park and a bit of technology
gets them into the parking space in one go then all the better.

We should be thinking that this type of technology gets people out of our way quicker.

That has to be a good thing.
I disagree, it starts with drivers who can't park a car, then turns into drivers who can't merge or change lanes, then drivers who just can't plain drive, and being out there on the roads on a motorbike every day you observe these new breed of poor drivers more so than when I'm driving, and it's getting ridiculous the low standard of drivers and driver training and road awareness in Australia, I used to thing we weren't that bad, until holidaying and driving in Europe, and let me tell you I was livid when I got home after doing quite a few km in countries where I didn't speak the language and sat on the wrong side of the car, yet was more comfortable driving there than here with the crazy buggers that the let loose on Melbourne roads
Old 12-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #21
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EPASS is a new feature, drive assist is not included yet, it is coming so get used to it.
Old 13-03-2011, 04:29 AM   #22
Bobman
Regulator

Parking assist doesn't seem to work that great in the real world from what I've seen.

It's like watching grandpa after grandpa park their Mini in a Range Rover's parking space. Ridiculous garbage that is a waste of space and weight.

Can the I6 speculators give up the doomsday theories too? Thanks The smart ones will not buy a 4 cylinder front-wheel-drive Falcon if the I6 is gone.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Can the I6 speculators give up the doomsday theories too? Thanks The smart ones will not buy a 4 cylinder front-wheel-drive Falcon if the I6 is gone.
I-6 still has around 4 years to run yet but Ford is hoping (without saying) that most will convert to I-4 Ecoboost RWD.
Old 13-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #24
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

EPAS eh? I wonder if the Falcon/Tez will also get radar guided cruise and blind spot monitoring/lane change assist?

All we'd need then is to have the government lay out "guidance strips in the paint" on all our roads and to have Ford install an 'intelligent' cruise control, then we can use Google Earth on our Sync consoles to punch in our destination and go to sleep until we're politely awakened at our destination.

I can imagine a day perhaps sometime in the next 50 to 100 years when it will be mandatory to have Intelligent Cruise in a car before you're allowed on a dual-carriageway highway, and that all highway speed limits will be raised to 220 - 300km/h. With no human error involved we'll all be safely home twice as quickly.

It's funny how every time new technology appears on a Territory or Falcon all the drum-brake and I6 lovers start speaking up. I hope that has nothing to do with why the rest of the universe thinks there aren't enough high-tech features on Australian cars.

Because everyone on the planet should be able to reverse semi's and Airbuses shouldn't they. Or should we be recommending "Blokey Chestbeaters Anonymous" here?

Lukeyson
Old 13-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #25
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

You know, I recall a big thread awhile ago regarding a wish list of features. I don't think EPAS event rated a mention?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11289211

Lukeyson
Old 13-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #26
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
EPAS eh? I wonder if the Falcon/Tez will also get radar guided cruise and blind spot monitoring/lane change assist?
Forward and aft phase cannons too...
Old 13-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
Trendseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I wouldn't be surprised to see the EB I-4 replace the I-6 in the Territory in the next 12-18 months, by then diesel will have the majority of sales and petrol buyers will be looking for more economy.
If the diesel's price is close to the I6 then maybe the majority of sales will be diesel. But if it's more than $5K higher, I'd bet that the majority of sales will be the I6. The majority of Territory owners never tow and they wouldn't buy a diesel to save on fuel costs if it is going to take many years to recoup the higher purchase cost of the diesel. I think they would buy the EB I4 if the price is right.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #28
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people buy diesels because they like them, get easy performance
from the low down torque and also feel the resale will be much better.

I wouldn't count the I-6 out just yet, the 6-speed auto in the RWD has been needed for years
so maybe that's all that is needed for people to come on board with the new package.

all I'm saying is that if Ecoboost does well in Falcon, there's a possibility that the I-6 could
be replaced at a later date giving buyers even more fuel economy without needing
to buy the diesel - buyers not needing to tow that is.....