Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
greenie1981
Starter Motor

Default Xl turbo conversion.

I currently own a xl falcon tonner, which I have recently changed the tub and put a pursuit kit on. My next thing I was thinking of is turbo and manual conversion. I hopefully will be getting back 5 grand in June but I think my budget would be stretched thin. Would I be better off Doing the manual conversion first or would It work just as well with the auto. If I do the turbo what are things I would have to think about??

greenie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly you would be better of selling what you have and buying what you want .
I would think you would be doing well to get a turbo motor and trans for 5k , Then you got to fit and everything else that goes with it . Bigger brakes tyres , tunning .

And on the other hand you could sell your tonner for around 10k maybe more or less (depending) . Then Buy yourself a nice turbo or f6 ute from anywhere between 16k to 30 k and you get all the upgrades that come with , Interior ,suspension,icc and all the little things .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU or BA?

If AU You could turbo + manual for 5k if you can do the work yourself.

Google snort performance.

If its a BA then yeah sell it.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
xy500
Constant annoyance

and here i was thinking you were talking about a real xl falcon.

a turbo in an xl would be interesting
Old 13-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
LMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
and here i was thinking you were talking about a real xl falcon.

a turbo in an xl would be interesting
hahahaha thats exactly what i was thinking!!
but yeah i would suggest sell it as it is and put the money towards a nice F6 ute