Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
F6Mont

Thumbs down Attempted theft - scumbags :(

So, the story goes like this...last night I drove my DF LTD and parked it outside my garage as I was cleaning things up in the garage. I woke up today and went out only to find scratch marks all over the RHR door, drivers side door and the door barrel anf grab handle completely destroyed by what I assume is a screwdriver...

They (obviously) however didn't succeed in opening the door...I did not have anything valuable in my car apart from it being a V8 lowered and having a set of after market wheels (that have been on for 4+ years)...also on the inside, the head unit is a after market system, but without a faceplate, it is rendered useless...clearly this was not the work of a seasoned car thief...but it just upsets me to think that there are scumbags out there that will attempt anything in order to make a quick buck...

Now, the area I live in is classified as a "low risk area" and this is the first time I have had anything like this happen to me...just ****ed off...

F6Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's unfortunate we have to share the world with these kind of maggots.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but thankfully the did not succeed.

Can I ask a question, but what is a DF LTD?
Old 14-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

i had that happen to the EF at redfern... back then it was a completely stock EF GLi wagon...

they tried to break into the passengers side to save smashing the drivers side... $2100 worth of damage as they damaged the roof, both passengers side doors, guard, mirror, handle, lock.. but they didn't think of smashing the plastic rear garnish to unlock the car.. which would've just involved moving a rod up.

i hope you find out who they were.. we found out about 5mins after it happened when the Coppa's caught them doing it... and this was out the back in a secure RTA NSW carpark :shock

and a DF LTD is an EF LTD... just like the NF Fairlane, also the EF Fairlane
Old 14-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
Ptbl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Count ur self very lucky good thing they didn't break in ur house to get the keys! Oh good thing u werent jumped n bottled like what happened to a mate lastnight Attemting to steal his Calais the *** ****** 4 on 1 cowards

The XR Build That I Shouldn't Of Sold
DAMN!

Current Daily: 2007 crown majesta 186
weekeder: 91 soarer
project: 2005 Bmw e46 coupe 1jz
bf mk2 xr6 ute magnet
Ptbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
LOW_NL
boo

all i can say is i hope they get wats comin to them,
about 6 months ago ,i had my lhr door window smashed while i was at the pub, nothing was taken at all but the glass went all over my sons car seat, an then that same night sum low life dog stole my sons car seat while it was covered in glass.

what goes around comes around an i hope it hits em hard
LOW_NL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
F6Mont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
what is a DF LTD?
It is the car that looks like a Fairlane...but with all options...here is a pic from car sales...sure glad they didn't succeed...

F6Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #8
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

The result of DeEvolution.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

GL - DF LTD would be the same year models as an EF Falcon. 1994 to 1996.

To the OP; Sorry to hear - I had an AU XR6 that someone attempted to steal while it was parked in the "secure" carpark while I was at work. All they did was stuff the door lock (Tibbe style), so I pulled it apart and hammered the little bent plate back to flat, and it was fixed - just glad they didn't do as much damage as yours has suffered.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 01:23 AM   #10
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Thanks Guys. I am not up to speed with many models after 1981!

To the OP, are the parts that were damaged easy to get? It is a pain, and you probably will never find out who did it, but at least you still have your car.
Old 14-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Mont

So, the story goes like this...last night I drove my DF LTD and parked it outside my garage as I was cleaning things up in the garage. I woke up today and went out only to find scratch marks all over the RHR door, drivers side door and the door barrel anf grab handle completely destroyed by what I assume is a screwdriver...

They (obviously) however didn't succeed in opening the door...I did not have anything valuable in my car apart from it being a V8 lowered and having a set of after market wheels (that have been on for 4+ years)...also on the inside, the head unit is a after market system, but without a faceplate, it is rendered useless...clearly this was not the work of a seasoned car thief...but it just upsets me to think that there are scumbags out there that will attempt anything in order to make a quick buck...

Now, the area I live in is classified as a "low risk area" and this is the first time I have had anything like this happen to me...just ****ed off...

Time to fit a decent quality very loud alarm
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #12
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no shortage of scumbags out there sadly, at least you still have your pride and joy.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #13
Bobman
Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Mont
It is the car that looks like a Fairlane...but with all options...here is a pic from car sales...sure glad they didn't succeed...
Heh, that's a DL LTD. Both DF/DL are great cars though. Remember sitting in a new one as a kid at the 1995 Melbourne motor show.

Scumbags. The worst thing is that there is no punishment for these types of people. If only there were some kind of harsh repercussions for thieving like there is in some countries overseas. Chop their hands off!

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #14
Oriory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
no shortage of scumbags out there sadly, at least you still have your pride and joy.
I agree, you just don't mess with someones ride...
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #15
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I woke up at 4am the night after cyclone Yasi to find a scumbag trying to get into my EB, called the cops and 5 cars showed up in under 2mins, the A#shole had done over a few houses while there was no power and was allready being chased by the cops i don't know if they got him unfortunately, makes me angry thinking bout it
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Scum, nothing more than an oxygen thief!!, glad they didn't get into her mate