Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default ID Plates and Registration question - for the experienced

I have a question that may affect a future decision of mine. It is regarding a vehicle in NSW, being built for rally.

If a car is at the end of being resprayed (after the CAMS approved rollcage fitment and appropriate bodywork was completed), and the tin ID plates cannot be located (but the chassis number is still stamped into the vehicle), can the vehicle still be rally registered?

If you are not sure about rally registration, what needs to happen, in that circumstance, if that were to happen to a road going car? I have been told the requirements from the RTA point of view are similar. Surely the car isn't just worthless at that stage.

If anyone knows how this system works, I'd appreciate some knowledge, as it could sway an expensive decision one way or another.

I'll get onto the phone tomorrow, the general enquiries guy at the RTA wasn't much help, but I have their technical number to call (who had closed for the day).

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tim

Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Caviar
98 EL Fairmont

Well I'm sure it can be done, as all my engine/chassis numbers match up and I'm "excluded from fitment of compliance plate" on my registration papers. Don't ask me how or why, but i bought it before i realised they weren't there :(
Caviar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #3
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

My XD was stolen and recovered without the compliance plates and was re-registered
Not that I know how sorry. Good luck with it.
Ben
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post