Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
4VEE

Unhappy coupe blues

Looks like I'm another joining the long list of people trying to source a XA/B/C falcon coupe. Who can believe how hard they are to come by? To make things worse I'm trying to find one with a factory sunroof. Found an XC the other day but it has so much rust, and I mean rust that it just made me shudder. I know there are a few on E-BAY but I could never bid on a car, especially a coupe, that I can't view first. Most of them are down south with hardly any in Queensland and the prices are just plain mad. Would be great to hear thoughts from like minded people.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Asylum Seeker

I hear you there mate, looking for an XC myself.

They are out there, you just have to be patient. That's what I tell myself anyhow!
Old 22-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

4VEE, where are you mate? maybe able to help you with an XB hardtop..over to u
Hardtopxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

All good thing come to those who wait (and keep looking)
Something will come up, but they are not cheap anymore.

Keep an eye on this site.

http://www.australianmusclecarsales.com.au/sales
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #5
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/a...0&key=32191592 ;)

Price recently dropped from $25,000 this one has been up for a while now. If I had the money I would snap it up in a second!!
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #6
Dmax
74 XB Coupe

Got to hang in there. I was in the same situation as you, and being over in WA there a very few coupes around. After months of looking and resigned to the fact that I would have to go over east to get one, I found one 200m away from my house and I bought it. You never know whats going to happen.
Old 22-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #7
XAGSV8
Member 178

I looked for about a year then gave up and bought a sedan. A year later there was one at our local swap meat for $3000 with a blown up 351.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #8
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

[QUOTE=4VEE] Who can believe how hard they are to come by? To make things worse I'm trying to find one with a factory sunroof .

Hi 4VEE , I know a bloke in Melb that has the original equip to fit factory sunroofs to fords XA thru to XF I think ! I havent heard from him in ages , but He should still be there !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #9
4VEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
4VEE, where are you mate? maybe able to help you with an XB hardtop..over to u
Cool, the XB's are my favourite. I live near Ipswich which is about 30min from Brisbane. I forgot to say I was looking for one to do up as long as the rust isn't everywhere but will consider buying anything depending on price of course.
Old 23-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #10
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

4VEE..this car is in townsville . it has had all the rust cut out(so im told) is straight and without dents etc ready to be worked on , its an auto running a 302( have no idea of mech cond) i think its a fairmont though im not sure.the bloke wants $5000 for it.if interested let me know and i will give you the contact info.. long drag from townsville though....
Old 24-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #11
4VEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
4VEE..this car is in townsville . it has had all the rust cut out(so im told) is straight and without dents etc ready to be worked on , its an auto running a 302( have no idea of mech cond) i think its a fairmont though im not sure.the bloke wants $5000 for it.if interested let me know and i will give you the contact info.. long drag from townsville though....
Thanks for the info, but you are right, it is a long haul from there to here. People probably won't be saying that in about 10 years from now. Have just got onto a landau for sale which I'm going to look at this weekend to see what it's like. There's something I like and dislike about them, but they certainly have all the right running gear. That's always a bonus.
Old 25-08-2005, 02:44 AM   #12
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

yes, they are getting very thin on the ground. a good mate of mine has a goss for sale, and an xc coupe for sale, but both need a lot of work and they are both here in adelaide.... but other than those two i haven't heard of any for sale locally for a while.
i have seen a couple for sale for reasonable prices on tradingpost.com.au, all over the country.
i found mine locally through a mate of a mate, and i got it stupidly cheap, no rust, straight as, four year old paint that looks like it was sprayed yesterday...
so keep looking, they are out there
Old 25-08-2005, 01:32 PM   #13
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VEE
Thanks for the info, but you are right, it is a long haul from there to here. People probably won't be saying that in about 10 years from now. Have just got onto a landau for sale which I'm going to look at this weekend to see what it's like. There's something I like and dislike about them, but they certainly have all the right running gear. That's always a bonus.
good luck with it mate...
Old 15-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
proengines

They are still around, it just seems that everyone else seems to find them first. A friend just bought an XC coupe for $4000, still registered and very driveable in what you would call good condition for it's age, it's an ex highway patrol car from Young NSW that her neighbour bought after the police were finished with it many years ago. 351, FMX, 9", 4 wheel discs, white with black interior. The funny thing is that she thought it was a bit expensive for such an old car!
proengines is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post