Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default Local vehicle manufacturers approve use of E10 fuels

Click here for article

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

I heard this on the radio this morning.

Are they changing anything on the cars? Or will they shorten warrenties?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I heard it won't change the warranties. 10% ethanol is not that much really, and ethanol is excellent for cleaning your engine.

What peeves me though is that ethanol is not as energy efficient as petroleum, and resultantly we will get less mileage per tankful than we are now. Problem with this though is that the fuel excise as it stands will remain, so will the GST, and if they manage to find a way to produce ethanol on a cost competitive basis to petrol they are likely to put an excise on ethanol too. Net change in fuel price = 0.

And lets not get started on the proposed Cross City Tunnel Tax levied on petrol either.

BTW, did anybody see that guy choking NSW roads minister Joe Tripodi in parliament lastnight? LMFAO, I think the guy choking him has just spoken for the average NSW motorist.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Good. This will end all of the arguments (well, maybe not all).
Now, how are the guvmint going to police it?
Lol about Joe Tripodi. Is it just me or does he seem just a bit more "out there" than the average punter?

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
BTW, did anybody see that guy choking NSW roads minister Joe Tripodi in parliament lastnight? LMFAO, I think the guy choking him has just spoken for the average NSW motorist.
yes its about time someone ruffed up the idiot i bet he doesnt have to pay for the cross city tunnel.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #6
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

off topic a bit here, but i heard on the news that people are calling for Joe Tripodi to resign, saying that its a bad influence on kids.

How many kids do you know that watch parlamentary proceedings?
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
parawolf
beep beep

What i've also read about Ethanol (could be wrong) is that it requires more input energy to produce than Petrol does. So the cost of manufacturing is higher and the cost to the environment is greater due to the increased energy input and thus emissions of manufacturing.

Could be wrong though.
Old 19-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #8
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I found a servo here in sa where they conducted trials. They had the plus 94 (over 91 regular) and although I normally run premium, I gave it a go on a trip over to pt lincoln. Got pretty good economy (sorry no numbers, was looking forward to **** weekend too much) and ran quite well on the highway. Noticed the extra 3 RON in town as well. Unfortunately there was no other servo's on the route so only got limited testing done.
Overall, if the maunfacturers are not affecting warranties and say e10 is ok, I'm happy for it to go ahead. Albeit on the Boost 98 that they should have as well soon.
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

I got 630 Ks out of my tank of 98 octane E10. I have a 99 fairmont 6. I think the fuel economy was about the same if not better than when I run it on Ultimate.
Old 19-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone else hear about some of the other changes propsed by labour. THe only one i remember was for a rebate on all people who fit a gas tank system on their car. If that goes through, ill be laughing. I wanna put in an impco system and its gonna cost roughly $2,300. If the govt rebates me for it ill, do it tomorrow :thebirds: .
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post