Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default These guys like FPV's cars?!?!?!

Mostly positive comments in this thread (so far):

Click here

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
WASP
Whipple Induced

lol..trust Tony (Flappist) to stir things up! He has a good point however..
We're mainly all car enthusiast at the end of the day and no matter what brand, if it's good, most will give credit where credit's due. So far I have not come across one Holden/HSV owner in my travels that didn't like the FPV's in one way or another. Ford/FPV fans are harsher critics than they will ever be.out:
Old 18-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Is it just me, or is LS1.com very slow to load when posting ?
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Is it just me, or is LS1.com very slow to load when posting ?
I find it slow just browsing the forums. Takes ages to load anything. Its one of the reasons I am not a member there. The other reason being the background which strains my eyes after a while because its too dark.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why is it surprising to see Holden guys not bagging Fords?

We all love our cars I couldnt ive a f*** what brand it is if its a nice example I will always give respect when its due.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:40 PM   #6
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s

We all love our cars I couldnt ive a f*** what brand it is if its a nice example I will always give respect when its due.
Maybe the Ford product is better that's why u guys are positive about it. :Reverend:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #7
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s

Fair enough lol Good to see you posting on this Forum
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #8
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Hehe thats my thread. I'm GTS_300_Coupe over at ls1.com.au.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #9
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Hehe thats my thread. I'm GTS_300_Coupe over at ls1.com.au.
Good thread lol
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #10
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

HAHAH, I can tell you one thing for sure..

The VE will look totally diffrent from the VZ.. seen it in the flesh and it is fukken awsome..

Sounds as if they are working on the new 6.0ltr too..

Cant wait till they have the new interiors built..
cheers..

P.s ford will have some fighting to do when VE is released..

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #11
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3 DUDE
official figures for 0-100ks are as follows(6speed auto)

typhoon 5.1secs
gt 5.3secs
I am praying they are the achievable figures !!!!!!!!!! :
Old 19-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #12
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TL50
HAHAH, I can tell you one thing for sure..

The VE will look totally diffrent from the VZ.. seen it in the flesh and it is fukken awsome..

Sounds as if they are working on the new 6.0ltr too..

Cant wait till they have the new interiors built..
cheers..

P.s ford will have some fighting to do when VE is released..
I'll take your word for it... but it's a bit hard to believe considering it doesn't look particularly special, judging from Motor's pics... camouflage 'n' all. It just doesn't grab me like the VT did when I first laid eyes on it.

Back on topic... I've said many nice things about the new FPVs... even though I've echoed the sentiments of many here by stating that FPV are not necessarily giving the true fans what they want (i.e. more grunt and less weight). The fact is that the BF FPVs look great, drive superbly and would make any owner proud to be seen in one.

As an aside, I don't like the way HSV is going atm... they need to rehire Ian Callum to fix up the styling disasters from Y-series onwards. : FPV are improving the looks of their vehicles while not enhancing the engines whereas HSV seem to win back some credibility with their engines while paying less attention to beauty. HSVs stopped being beautiful when Holden superceded the VX.
Old 19-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
As an aside, I don't like the way HSV is going atm... they need to rehire Ian Callum to fix up the styling disasters from Y-series onwards. : FPV are improving the looks of their vehicles while not enhancing the engines whereas HSV seem to win back some credibility with their engines while paying less attention to beauty. HSVs stopped being beautiful when Holden superceded the VX.
I still liked the VY series although not being my favourite series. I reckon the current VZ series are dead sexy particularly the GTO coupe.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #14
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Im not a fan on the VY's or VZ's back end to be honest....im not a 'square' fan....as soon as they came out i thought 'Magna' and to this day, cant get that thought out of my head. The VZ however is a bit better than the VY. But that is why i got a VX, i love the darkened teardrop headlights and the roundness out back- plus it was cheaper to buy!
As for the BF - I cant visably see many changes to the BA - but i liked the BA anyway - especially against the AU. The new auto will kick some butt.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #15
WASP
Whipple Induced

If your interested in knowing why FPV have not promoted performance gains have a look at this link. The F6 is now king apparently.
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/a...&vf=2&bg=1&pp=2

Quote:
I'll take your word for it... but it's a bit hard to believe considering it doesn't look particularly special, judging from Motor's pics... camouflage 'n' all. It just doesn't grab me like the VT did when I first laid eyes on it.

Back on topic... I've said many nice things about the new FPVs... even though I've echoed the sentiments of many here by stating that FPV are not necessarily giving the true fans what they want (i.e. more grunt and less weight). The fact is that the BF FPVs look great, drive superbly and would make any owner proud to be seen in one.

Old 19-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #16
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
If your interested in knowing why FPV have not promoted performance gains have a look at this link. The F6 is now king apparently.
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/a...&vf=2&bg=1&pp=2
I am interested but there are page errors in that link... don't tell me FPV made the same error? :
Old 19-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #17
jmc-007

was it the harrold scruby link ??
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #18
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
I am interested but there are page errors in that link... don't tell me FPV made the same error? :
Cheeky bugger. Sorry I was rushing:Reverend:
try this link http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=24562
Old 19-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #19
SSbaby
Banned

Despite the general negativity regarding the stripes on the forum... I actually love the stripes. It's really a distinguishing feature of the FPVs, which relates back to a proud history. The stripes make the cars look tougher, IMHO. If I were the proud owner of a GT, I would definitely check the 'stripes' option... only potential headache being the need to decide on one of the many interesting colour schemes available.
Old 19-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #20
Valknutr

Ive seen the new Typhoon and GT being driven around, look tough as nails (ill take mine in that lovely yellow anyday) and saw them at the motor show just sitting there they look tough, went to the HSV and i must say the monaros look good in the gold but not much else, and some of the styling on the rest of the range is questionable. But at home i drive a VZ SV6 (just got 2500kms on her) and they are very comfortable and VER VERY quite to drive, pity the gearbox sucks (6 speed manual very sad compared to the T5 in my EA) and even though it has 190kw it is slow to take off (or that could be my driving lol) but overall a nice car
Old 19-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #21
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT
Maybe the Ford product is better that's why u guys are positive about it. :Reverend:
Im positive towards Fords cause I do like them.

Not every single model but the majority but I have my reasons for not liking other Ford models and its not because of the badge.

I really hate the whole "Holdens are better then Fords" or "Fords are better then Holdens sh*t" seriously.

I know you guys are mature enough not to say "Holdens suck because well they just do".

Alot of the Holden guys are mature aswell but unfortunatley there are ****ers from both sides that call the opposition crap because of the badge the other car has.

Oh well I would rather own a Holden or a Ford any day of the week as brands dont affect my decision when I buy a car.

Last edited by Ryan; 19-10-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post