Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
Dodge
i like to be stroked

Default shipping kaos

I have never , ever had such a f#&k around with a company in my Life.
I used a company called Transeuropean Logistics to ship my car and parts over this time and so far I have been pushed to the edge and im ready to strike.
firstly i wanted insurance on my car , i never got any but i paid for it , or so i thought i was being charged shipping and insurance together,
then to top it off i have been waiting for the car as it was landed in australia 23rd of december, So i now had to wait for customs and quarteen. cool i waited , and waited, now i was told the car is ready and its being sent from patrics back to his warehouse, i was ready in the truck to collect it, I couldnt get a address out of him to pick it up ,this was last monday, tue came , 10 phone calls later i was told they are ready to put on their truck and send it to me for wed morning delivery, well today came and i was up at 4 am over keen to get my hands on my car, i waited till 9 am and made the call, I got sorry the cars loaded on the wrong truck and is on its way to sydney....What i said stop that truck.,.. he was going to call and call me back , No call back so i called again ,. wheres my car... arrrr its at lismore and its gettn transfered to another truck and gettn sent back ....Ok
later on during the day i called and asked where are all my parts , well i was told what parts.... bla bla bla we worked out my pallet of parts is in his warehouse in sydney and some one from melbourne said it was his pallet as cristian didnt know whos they were, ( he got a list of everything i had in and on a pallet , exactly what was sittn outside his door, and then he told me there was a car cover with the wheels on the pallet. My mind ticked over quickly and i put the picture together what really happened, I told him this <U never had the car in brisbane did u ? he laughed and said why do u say that, I said because u dume ***** I had that car cover under the parts in the car on the back seat and to get the cover out of the car u would have had to lift everything out of the car,
he denided that the car was in sydney,,,, i went off my head as the car was in nowhere land and i couldnt get a phone number out of him for the shipping yard where it was at or the truck driver ... 3 calls later to him he gave me a number of a truck driver, I called him and got the real story, My car was sittn out in the inner burbs of sydney and he just loaded parts into the car and was heading up to brisbane that day, and he would take the car to a depo in arciaca ridge transfer it to a smaller car carrier and deliver it to me\..

cristaian at transeuro then aske the driver not to deliver un less i paie 345$ to him, I called cristian and he told me it was for a price increase on the shipping and steam cleaning, he qouted me a price of 70/hr for steam cleaning and it looks like they took 2.5 hrs to spray a diff... im at the edge of my limits and i hope that noone has to go thru so much Bull poo as i have with transeuropean logistics . Now i wait to see what damage the car has from doing the transport shuffle and which part has dissapeared from the changing of many hands, at least cristian is covered if parts are gone, Its been on every truck in the southern hemisphere. no wonder i drink... sorry to dribble on and on .
Old 13-01-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

that sucks, i couldnt handle having that put on me. If someone is entrusted with my car, they'd better have it where i want when i want.

Call up the Dept. of Fair Trading and get in their ear.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well I won't be using them when I go parts shopping.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Sorry to hear all the trouble you had to go through,i hope everything is ok and not damaged and hopefully my goddies will also be there.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Well, they sound like a useful bunch of ****s. CHeers on putting that up, might save alot of other people alot of trouble.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 12:37 AM   #6
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i will be paying to put my story in unique cars mag, thats how i found them and i hope to save someone from this crap. I am lucky to be in a good situation where i can have him up for legal issues if my car and equipment is damaged, I have enough proof that my case was bad handled and i have been suffering.
Old 14-01-2005, 12:39 AM   #7
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what sort of car are you getting Dodge?
Old 14-01-2005, 01:31 AM   #8
Dodge
i like to be stroked

who knows, i bought a mustang 428 cobra jet but i think i will take what ever turns up.
Old 14-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #9
Dodge
i like to be stroked

sorry this one
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto...cat/500/page/4
Old 14-01-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

damn! i hope it all turns out for the better for you bro.

and i hope your story stuffs em up big time, sounded like they were supersly to me :s

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #11
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

btw nice loooking beats, hope its the right one!

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 04:04 AM   #12
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for the heads up, i wont be going near them

just be carefull if you put that ad in like youre talking about...id watch that they dont try to pull some defamation crap on ya....
Old 14-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #13
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

That ****ed me off just reading it.
Hopefully once the car is in your hands all that crap fade to the back of your mind.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 06:57 AM   #14
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Did you jott down the odo reading before you loaded it into the container? Slack Jaw bums might of been having a party in it while it has been missing

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 10:13 AM   #15
Cheech
HELL YES

Dodge,

I'm a Customs Broker in Sydney.

This is definitely bad service.

But some questions.....

1. Regarding insurance, what were the terms of the contract from the supplier
eg. Ex-Works,FOB, C&F, CIF

2. Steam cleaning wouldn't be just the diff. Quarantine (AQIS) regulations
call for the removal of every speck of dirt from a used vehicle. This would
include the engine bay, wheel arches, panel joints and the whole underside.
The amount you were charged dosen't seem excessive as AQIS also charge for the initial inspection & re-inspection. Also if the shipping agent dosen't have an AQIS approved steam clean facility, it would have been sub-contracted and they would be passing charges on. This all protects Australia against Foot & mouth disease as well as Mad Cow.

3. Was it shipped as a container by itself or did it have other importers cargo in it?

4. Was it a direct sailing to Brisbane or was it off-loaded in Sydney and then on forwarded.

Fellow AFF members be aware that importing a car can be an expensive experience. You need to consider the following costs:

1. Origin shipping agent charges
2. Seafreight charges
3. Local port charges
4. Customs clearance charges
5. Duty & GST & customs fees
6. AQIS Clearance fees + any treatments eg. Fumigation / Cleaning
7. Transport to you as its not road registered.

You also need an MVSA import permit BEFORE you ship the vehicle.

I get all manner of enquiries from people interested in importing a car (usually late model ricers from Japan). But when they weigh up the costs they think twice. However, I've also had clients purchase vehicles for a third of the price here, so after all the costs they've only paid 55-60% of the local cost.

Check www.customs.gov.au for a brochure on importing a motor vehicle.

Cheech.
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #16
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

handy tips and a good link there Cheech, this is sticky post worthy imo

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 10:18 AM   #17
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I would have done a sealed shipping crate door to door, the crate as is loaded sealed and that is that, the possible extra costs would be well and trully worth it as opposed to all the hassle you seem to have endured, it sucks when plans go pear shaped.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 10:56 AM   #18
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I hope they didn't scratch or dent your baby mate, that cobra jet looks awesome !
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #19
XWGT