Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #61
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
Matty,

Do you have anything that will remove bug guts ........ Im not talking the normal soft products ..... Im talking locust plague over a period of 2 or 3 yrs that I cannot remove by hand with anything I have tried.

The paint on my wagon isnt the best but I can get a nice look when shes washed (and still wet :P ) ..... These bug guts make her look more unwashed than she really is ......

Any suggestions ?????
If it's been left on for that long, it's my guess that you have crazing all over the paint which cannot be removed
Bugs must be removed within 12 hours especially if the car is in hot sun all day

Best thing to do is remove bugs immediately after long trip or driving at night in unlit areas like my home town.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #62
SVR73
Mr Polish

Post Prices

Below are the prices of products I have available
They include a 5-10 & discount for all ford forums members. This will apply permanently and if all goes well I'll be putting some of it back into this site with sponsorship.

Blue & Red clay bars - $40
Clearkote vanilla moose $17
Aquatouch wash kit $48
Klasse AIO $37.60
Klasse SG $34.50
4 x 6 inch ultra microfibre
applicator pads $15 a pair
ultra fine microfibre
multi purpose cloth(white) $12.00
Ultra plush plus (blue) microfibre
buff cloth $13.00

These american mf's are superior to the aquatouch korean made ones IMO and use the 4 x 6 inch pads for applying all kinds of sealants and concours waxes.
The white and blue microfibre cloths are mostly used for quick detailing after washing and during car shows etc but will also be great for removing all kinds of paint repair products

Will have clearkote quick shine (quick detailer and depth/shine enhancer) here within a week and car wash shampoo here within six weeks

Any probs with the products, PM me

Last edited by SVR73; 08-05-2005 at 06:22 AM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 AM   #63
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Stocks

Coming soon

Ultra microfibre bonnets, wash mitts, glass cloths, waffle weave drying towels (62 x 90)
Double sided foam applicator pads for Klasse products
Ultimate auto shampoo 1.89 litre and 473 ml
Ultimate gloss enhancer (quick detailer with protection) 1.89 litre
SFX refinishing system and double sided foam hand applicator pads
Old 23-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #64
SVR73
Mr Polish

There's a new tip of the day in car care section of technical resources.
Also letting you all know that I now have in stock those teal blue and white ultra plush microfibre cloths plus the 4 x 6 inch applicator pads

Any questions or need help with anything, PM me anytime.
Old 23-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #65
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heya i stumbled onto a very informative site the other day for those detailing nuts out there..

www.autopia.org

well worth a looksee for reviews, hints and tips. :
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 09:20 PM   #66
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default welcome to the new world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Richards
Heya i stumbled onto a very informative site the other day for those detailing nuts out there..

www.autopia.org

well worth a looksee for reviews, hints and tips. :
That's my online home. If it wasn't for that site I wouldn't have the products I have today and all the technical knowledge
Mind you my extreme product testing allows me to learn things about products that even they don't know

Here's another one
Detailcity.com

The owner, dwayne mcpeeks is the owner of premiumautocare.com
You can speak with Steve, the owner Of poorboys world products on there instantly sometimes and PM him (User ID poorboy) anytime

Welcome to the new world of detailing products and techniques
you all can lift the quality of your car without scrubbing and heaps of elbow grease
Old 17-06-2005, 01:19 AM   #67
SVR73
Mr Polish

Decided to continue my tip of the day on this thread as I can't find the thread in technical documents that I was using.

For those still using synthetic chamois, to make them more thirstier, open them up fully and use a high pressure gun at the self serve coin op wash bay
To prevent scratches and micro marring, open up the chamois fully and glide it over each panel or alternatively, fold it in half twice and then go over the surface

They will also work better on cars with smooth paintwork, you will find the glass and paint won't have streaky lines on it once dry or if it does they will be very few
Use a separate chamois or microfibre cloth for drying the wheels.
Old 20-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #68
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Rotary buffer technique updated

Apply a 6 inch long line of product to the surface, spray a couple mists of water onto the desired pad.
Start at the lowest RPM setting your machine has (300-600 rpm is best)
Lift the left side of the pad by a couple inches and from right to left, go over the line and then flatten the pad at the end and then buff from side to side use little or no pressure depending on product used for a minute
Increase speed to 900-1200rpm and continue buffing with no pressure until desired results are achieved

Try the finest product first with a polishing pad and step up to cutting pad with same product before changing to more aggressive product
Old 21-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #69
SVR73
Mr Polish

Have updated my photo album site to include a detailing one and it can be found here

Http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/matt1473au/my_photos
Old 22-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #70
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

I use Bowdens Own is great car care made for aussie conditions .Not all things made overseas are good for our conditions
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #71
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
I use Bowdens Own is great car care made for aussie conditions .Not all things made overseas are good for our conditions
Probably true with some brands but not with the ones I have been getting in for the past three years
Old 24-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #72
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

i will stick to Bowdens Own as they 80 plus car and they wouldnt just put anything on their duco they have researched them and get their own chemist to mix them so they know whats in them and what it does to your paint and try their new metal polish it ROCKS
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #73
MRJUCY
Fordless

I've used the metal polish it really looks like nothing else I've tried. It gives a brilliant shine & a wet look I haven't seen from other metal polishes before but I can imagine some people wouldn't like that look either. It's not as strong as some other polishes too so won't suit everyone either but if your metal is in good nick & you want to keep it that way I'd definately recomend giving it ago.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #74
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default metal polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
I've used the metal polish it really looks like nothing else I've tried. It gives a brilliant shine & a wet look I haven't seen from other metal polishes before but I can imagine some people wouldn't like that look either. It's not as strong as some other polishes too so won't suit everyone either but if your metal is in good nick & you want to keep it that way I'd definately recomend giving it ago.
What type is it - cream like autosol or a liquid
I'm using P21s polishing soap for all metals and wheels of course.
Comes with sponge, wet it, wring out most water, get good amount of product onto the sponge and wipe over the wheels
Within a few minutes all wheels are polished and you haven't had to rub with your two fingers and a rag.
Old 25-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #75
MRJUCY
Fordless

It's a thick liquid/creme in a bottle rather then a paste like Autosol/Mothers/Megs etc. I was quite surprised as I have always prefered the paste style polishes for results & it definately made it easier to get out of from around the bolts on my multi piece wheels
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #76
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
It's a thick liquid/creme in a bottle rather then a paste like Autosol/Mothers/Megs etc. I was quite surprised as I have always prefered the paste style polishes for results & it definately made it easier to get out of from around the bolts on my multi piece wheels
Sounds good, I can't stand paste's.
Old 28-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #77
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default products in stock

Here are the latest products in stock and prices

Clearkote car wash (very thick & sweet scent) wax safe $13.00
Clearkote Quik shine (paint, furniture polish, tinted windows, glass) quick detail spray
(1 litre $19.00, 2 litre $36.00)
Waffle weave drying towels 60 x 40 cm $28.50
Ultra plush plus blue microfibre buffing cloth $12.00
Ultra fine white microfibre cloth $11.00

Soon to be arriving
Four Star ultimate auto shampoo in 500ml & 1 litre size.
Old 29-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #78
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

I'm definately interested in these kits, i've seen the results some of these products bring and its pretty amazing. I haven't read the thread completely, but do you plan on selling a tyre/wheel care package with some of the things you listed above??

Some of the individual products look very interesting too. I gather that the wheel and tyre cleaners/protectors will be fine to use in the engine bay?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #79
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
I'm definately interested in these kits, i've seen the results some of these products bring and its pretty amazing. I haven't read the thread completely, but do you plan on selling a tyre/wheel care package with some of the things you listed above??

Some of the individual products look very interesting too. I gather that the wheel and tyre cleaners/protectors will be fine to use in the engine bay?
Let me know when you want a wash & dry kit
As for wheel/tyre cleaners and protectants, I can offer the following

Four Star Wheel cleaner gel & tire protectant gel
Both will be available in 1.89 due to more cost in buying the 473ml containers
If you want to do a group buy with your mates, I can get the 1 gallon (3.8 litre) container of both with even more savings

Approx price
Wheel cleaner 1.89- $47 to $50
Tire Gel 1.89- $50 to $55
3.78- $73 to #80

You don't use very much of the gel and putting on a couple layers of it on tyres will mean you need to re apply less often.
Yes it fine for engine bays, exterior plastic & rubber trim and if it's similar to other american tire gels that I have, can be used on vinyl and leather

If you compare the tire gel price with the meguiars 473ml tire gel which I don't believe is as good I think you'll find that price more than fair

Last edited by SVR73; 29-06-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 30-06-2005, 07:47 PM   #80
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

I'm interested in getting something to try and revive 20 year old paintwork (faded from exposure to the sun), as well as something to try and repair scratches in paintwork on another car... What would you recommend?

I can provide pictures of what I'm talking about if it would help.

Thanks in advance.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #81
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Buffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
I'm interested in getting something to try and revive 20 year old paintwork (faded from exposure to the sun), as well as something to try and repair scratches in paintwork on another car... What would you recommend?

I can provide pictures of what I'm talking about if it would help.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like the paint is oxidised pretty severly which means you need to use a rotary buffer to refinish the paint.
The best advice I can provide is if you have a buffer, get some menzerna compounds and polishes which are the worlds best from my friend in melbourne
he can also provide you with edge single sided or double sided foam buffing pads.

If you don't want to do it, get a detailer to do it for you or if your in melbourne, maybe my friend will do it for you but at a premium price due to the quality of his work which is best in australia.

Email me some photos of the car and I'll help you as much as I can.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:08 AM   #82
SVR73
Mr Polish

Question to all - what size(s) (473ml, 946ml, 1 litre, 1.89 litre, 3.78 litre) of products (microfibre excluded of course) would you be more interested in purchasing, what sizes of products have you bought in the past
My reasoning for this quesion is to try and save current & new customers the most money I can
Obviously 4 x 473ml bottles of product are going to be more expensive than a 1.89 litre and same deal for 2 x 1.89 litre vs a single 3.78 litre

If people wanted to, they could do a group buy with their mates and order the 3.78 litre or 1.89 litre and split it up amongst themselves.
What I pay for USA - AUS shipping of 473ml and 1.89 litre cases of product are the same so it's more economical to get the larger size
Will be providing 125ml sample bottles of some products with all future orders as I'd love your feedback on them.

All the best with caring for your car.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:17 AM   #83
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
Question to all - what size(s) (473ml, 946ml, 1 litre, 1.89 litre, 3.78 litre) of products (microfibre excluded of course) would you be more interested in purchasing, what sizes of products have you bought in the past
My reasoning for this quesion is to try and save current & new customers the most money I can
Obviously 4 x 473ml bottles of product are going to be more expensive than a 1.89 litre and same deal for 2 x 1.89 litre vs a single 3.78 litre

If people wanted to, they could do a group buy with their mates and order the 3.78 litre or 1.89 litre and split it up amongst themselves.
What I pay for USA - AUS shipping of 473ml and 1.89 litre cases of product are the same so it's more economical to get the larger size
Will be providing 125ml sample bottles of some products with all future orders as I'd love your feedback on them.

All the best with caring for your car.
Hi Matty, could you not list up all sizes and prices allowing everyone to order the best optin thats suits them, in addition over a period of time you will see which options are working best allowing you to make better decisions / promotions based on this information.

Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 03:46 AM   #84
SVR73
Mr Polish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Hi Matty, could you not list up all sizes and prices allowing everyone to order the best optin thats suits them, in addition over a period of time you will see which options are working best allowing you to make better decisions / promotions based on this information.

Pete
Will do pete, price lis is almost ready.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #85
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Price list

Most prices below are set in stone and will not change unless the exchange rate drops in value considerably.
All prices below do not include the 5 - 10% discount for ford forums members

Micropak microfibre products

4 x 6 inch (1 inch thick) ultra soft applicator pads 2 pack $13.00
Ultra plus plus teal blue buffing @ drying cloth $13.00
Ultra fine white buffing cloth $12.00
Waffle weave 60 x 40 drying towels $30.00
Ultra mitts $11.00
Ultra bonnets (for orbitals, rotaries etc) $14.00
Microfibre rejuvination wash 1 litre $25.00

Ultra buffing towels in light blue, mint green , forest green, dark green, lavender and yellow will be added to this product range later and will be a cheaper option to the ultra plush plus line
Will be offering a 3.78 litre rejuvination wash very soon. Price should be around the $70 dollar mark.

AQUATOUCH microfibre

Ultra wash mitts $15.00
Tricot FBZ weave Drying towels $28.00
Ultra glass cleaning cloths $10.00
Ultra suede finishing cloths $12.00
Ultra purple, gold, purple & blue cloths $11.00

CLEARKOTE products

Vanilla moose oxidation remover & hand glaze 473ml $18.00
Quik shine 750ml $15.00
(use to enhance gloss on paint, glass and as polish for furniture, lexan, plexiglass and tinted windows)
Car Wash 473ml $14.00
Red Machine glaze 473ml $18.00
Yellow moose 473ml $18.00
Gold microfibre extra soft buffing cloths 12 x 12 inch $10.00

Klasse

All in one cleaner polish & sealant 500ml $38.50
Acrylic sealant glaze (6-12 month protection) 500ml $36.00

Evercoat

Clay Magic blue & red contaminant eraser bars $40.00

Four Star

Cherry Ripe ultimate auto shampoo 473ml $17.00
Cherry Ripe ultimate auto shampoo 1.89 litre $45.00
Cherry Ripe ultimate auto shampoo 3.78 litre $75.00
Ultimate paint cleanser 1.89 litre $50.00
Ultimate paint protection 1.89 litre $80.00
Ultimate leather cleaner gel 473ml $16.00
Ultimate leather cleaner gel 1.89 litre $45.00
Ultimate leather cleaner gel 3.78 litre $70.00
Ultimate leather protection gel 1.89 litre $55.00
Ultimate leather protection gel 3.78 litre $95.00
Ultimate clay lubricant 473ml $15.50
Ultimate clay lubricant 1.89 litre $45.00
Ultimate gloss enhancer quick detail spray 1.89 litre $52.00
(contains super polymer protectants)
Ultimate ph 7 wheel cleaner gel 3.78 litre $72.00

P21s

Finish restorer for plastics,glass & other surfaces $19.50

Very soon 1Z, Sonus and excel microfibre will be added to the range
Waiting on shipping details

As sales increase some of my prices will go down as I order more from the manufacturer, some will stay the same and a few may go up a little
Will do my best to keep prices the same if exchange rate drops

Looking forward to sponsoring this site one day.

Last edited by SVR73; 05-07-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #86
SVR73
Mr Polish

Default Paint protection

Tip of the day returns

Paint protection

This is an interesting subject. Car dealerships all over the world are giving this a bad name
Dealerships use very substandard polymer paint sealants, some contain silicone resins and teflon but most contain liquid hydrocarbons which is derived from petroleum

Teflon in my opinion only makes the surface slick, it does not protect
They apply it over the whole car either by hand or with a machine buffer and when doing it by hand, remove it once fully applied to the vehicle which takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes

They charge the customer hundreds of dollars and one single coat will not last more than three months if that.

Sealants need time to bond and cure regardless of what type
Certain people in the crash repair industry and even mine are against paint sealants as they believe that when a vehicle's paint is prepared for a respray , that it's extremely difficult to remove the sealants that soak into the panels and harden and when sealant is applied to new cars paintwork, that tiny bubbles will form on the paint due to the paint having not being fully cured and hardened

This is not the case.

A brand new car's factory 2K baked enamel, acrylic laquer or urethane finish is baked in an oven far hotter than that of a crash repair shops oven.
By the time a vehicle is manufactured, moved into the holding yard, transported overseas or interstate and actually sold, the paint is fully cured and doesn't take as long to cure and harden due to the hotter factory ovens

A standard polymer sealant of which there are many kinds, some which are very good, can be easily removed with prepsol and painters have products to easily remove any silicone that gets onto the paint from inferior polishes and waxes sold throughout australia

Acrylic sealants such as Klasse can be removed with a product from 1Z called acrysol and is used the same way as prepsol
Super polymer sealants can also be removed with acrysol and prepsol and even clay bars remove polymer and some super polymer sealants

Each brand of sealant has different qualities.
Klasse provides 6-15 month protection if two to five coats are put on but the shine is sterile and it lacks slickness

Four Star UPP super polymer is ultra easy to use and needs only a couple hours to bond and can be layered after 24 hours.
It's shine and slickness is far better but durability is around four to eight months

Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant super polymer provides outstanding slickness and shine but durability is only three to four months.

Poorboys EXP + is awesome on silver and white colors and lasts
There are many other brands around but they can all be used together in the following regime for ultimate protection

Klasse AIO x 1, Klasse SG x 3, Four Star UPP x 2, Wolfgang x 2
Then finish off with a couple layers of pure carnuaba paste wax

The great thing about all these is that you can use them on glass, plastic and wheels

Last edited by SVR73; 07-07-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 25-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #87
SVR73
Mr Polish

Tip of the day 25-7-05

Tinted window protection

Get your hands on a can of plexus plastic polish, use it to shine and protect all automotive plastics and it also protects the window tint film, keeping it in as new condition
Old 02-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #88
allypally
OnceBitten Now BitesBack

vanilla Mousse? Hmmmm. Maybe I could use the leftovers on my hair? Or should you reverse that, and use the leftovers from the hair on the car?
I guess the bottom line is... Will it help attract girls?
Was thinking of getting one of those windscreen adhesive visors which said "Bruce" and "Sheila" and putting a red line through the "Sheila" so the weemen would know I am available. Ohhh.... I think I lost the thread.
allypally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #89
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allypally
vanilla Mousse? Hmmmm. Maybe I could use the leftovers on my hair? Or should you reverse that, and use the leftovers from the hair on the car?
Was thinking of getting one of those windscreen adhesive visors which said "Bruce" and "Sheila" and putting a red line through the "Sheila" so the weemen would know I am available. Ohhh.... I think I lost the thread.
:
Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #90
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by allypally
What are you babbling about? If you can't contribute, don't bother.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post