Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #61
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

HMMMMMMMMM......... so the debate goes on, and on, and on.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #62
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Because once you start letting a "Clear" film on, i can be a little darker, & darker, etc. & When Mr Pleecy says "That window is tinted darker than what it should be" & you say, "The tint shop did it" or "my mate did it" & "I dont know what the legalities are" You still get it properly tested, & a nice fine & have it ripped off your window.

What I am saying is with things like this, people stretch the boundaries, then stretch a little more, a bit more. It becomes very grey, very wide spread very quickly. So they just shut it down. No tint. No overlay. Full stop. I mean how many cars have you seen with tint that is clearly above the legal limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
I was also thinking - for all the arguing that this thread has created... a simple visit to Autobarn/supercheap and the purchase of a dashmat, and a steeringwheel cover could have sorted this problem...

Even a beachtowel in the car could sort it short term...

I'm confused...
My Thoughts exactly. I thought it would be common sense why it could not be applied to the front window. Besides, sometimes a slight tinit with the sun at the right angle could be a bit on the blinding side for Trucks, Busses, High 4wd, or even just normal cars on the side & rear windows. Imagine it on every 3rd car as it went past......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
It's also a safety precaution for police if they pull you over - they can see how many people are in the car and decide if they may need assistance.
EH? So the police are looking in the front window when they pull the lights on behind you?? & If you mean any ambient light such as street, or passing cars, that reflects through the front window to the back, well that's not much help for cars that have a tinted rear window, or window louvre, or both.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 25-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #63
casabonka
You can call me Chris

if the issue is conformability, check out avery dol4000.
this is a conformable optically clear uv laminate we use in signage. its used for one way prints on back windows.

google it and u will find a pdf spec sheet.
hope that works!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #64
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

if anyone is so hell bent on tinting i would suggest that they stop and concider when they want to be driving their car .....

if you plan on driving at night then i hope you have a long neck so that you can stick your head out the side window to see where your going.
even a clear film on the inside of the windscreen will cause reflections and almost total lose if vision out the screen.

i know a guy that had clear tint on the screen of a nissan silvia and could not drive it of a night. was fine during the daylight but as soon as it started to get a bit dark outside he could not see out.

that is just one of a list of reasons that film is not allowed on windscreens.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post