Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #61
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

lmao cool!!! My make had a 240 K and that thing hammered! He transferred R31 running gear into it and it was just awesome. Looked shitty from the outside but it outperformed his manual 302 XD ute and auto 351 coupe, and was dirt cheap to run. His dad cracked the shits though when he brought home another coupe (302 auto) and an XF wagon, so he had to clear out all of his cars except the XD.

Yeah although many of the cars in my list are more, umm, desirable than an EB, it was practicality that made me decide on the EB.

For example, as much as I would've loved to have hopped into an XB GT or XE ESP (302 auto I was looking at), day-to-day stuff wouldn't have been the best (imagine copping a shopping trolley ding in the side of ya GT!)

If I could choose again, I probably would've gone for a manual six EA-ED, but I'm quite happy with my auto V8 EB

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #62
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

1st car

Bought - EA Falcon GL (88)
Considered - None
Wanted - EB Falcon

In the end, didn't have enough dollars to stretch for an EB. Plus, the EA had 151,000 clicks on it (or was that 1,151,000???)

2nd Car

Bought - AUII SE Ute
Considered - EF Fairmont, BA XR6, BA Futura
Wanted - BA XR6T

Again, dollars for the BA's. I couldn't find a good enough condition EF Fairmont. Then looked at utes and saw this one. Bought it because of duel fuel.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:40 PM   #63
UTE69Z
Mick

Bought AUIII XLS ute..

Wanted: a late model Ute.

Considered: commodore VU ute : : , BA XLS, AUIII XLS (saw it, loved it, bought it)
UTE69Z is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #64
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey All,
Was Driving a Camry, after a long list of fords (ED Fairy, EA, XFFairy, XC GXL, XC500, 2 Capri's 3100 and 289) and needed update real bad. Wife refused to buy manual, and was not confident with the size of a falcon (we brought the camry[ultimate shitbox :gren: ] after her 626 was written off, so traded ED in a big hurry).
in November, 2001 After Camry broke down, we needed to travel to Cairns for a family do, so I hired an AUII Fairy. The missus drove it on way home for about 250k, got speeding ticket : but had been converted :sm_headba :
in 2002, A Mate who was a new car salesman @ ford in Townsville put me on to a EL Fairy with all the Fruit (lectric leather seats, letric roof, stereo, 20' wheels, V8 etc) for 25k. Went to look at it, it was Champagne coloured, and the bloke who owned it said he wanted to keep the stereo and wheels, so I told him to keep the effen lot, and dropped in to see about a SERIII Demo with me mate. We had a total of 35k in the bank, but only wanted to spend 25 to 28.
Wound up leaving town 5 days later driving SERIII XR6 in Monsoon, big wheels, Momo tiller and shifter, lsd, personalised plates, tint, care pack, seat covers, etc, brand new, 117 klm. Had to finance 5k thru dealer with Esanda as the car cost $37650.
Happy as a pig with two c@cks!
Joined XR Club of QLD and met some great friends. Love it.
Next car, Mates are pressureing for GT or Typhoon, but I like XR6T. Will propably consider XR8 or FOON but one things for sure, it will be in this short list. :evilsasmo
Cheers,
Mike

PS Great thread. And I also love Cobalt Blue.

Last edited by MNM96; 09-05-2005 at 08:34 PM.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #65
xf_vanner

Looked at:
1987 Telstar tx5 turbo- 2 pricy
1987 to 91 laser hmm money money
ended up:
bought a 91 kf laser 5dr 5spd stuck 15s on it look good did clutch took plates off sold it for $600 bought it for $2000. Bought mates' ea series 1 should've fixed laser costs me $70 to fill ea get 450 kays compared with $50 for 600.
xf_vanner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #66
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought: EL XR6

Looked at: EL XR6's EF2 XR6's and the equivelant in XR8 form
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:41 PM   #67
spoonage
Long Member

Looked at XR6, bought a XR6 Turbo. ( There was not much difference in cost, and insurance is all the same price where I work )
Old 15-05-2005, 01:45 AM   #68
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

My mate just updated his VY S for a Monaro in Turismo Blue : (noticed alot of ppl in another thread dont like that colour).... didnt even look at anything else!
I could have killed him... $65000 gone... that money was just screaming for a Typhoon!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 15-05-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2005, 02:50 AM   #69
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Bought : XA GT Hardtop

Looked at : Fully restored orange XB Coupe 351
: XA Coupe with bigblock
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post