Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #31
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
LOL too bad there is no such thing as digital speakers, a speaker voice coil can only respond to an analoge singnal
I was just about to say the same thing.

And useless, a mobile kebab shop would be awesome!
Actually, you have me thinking.......hmmmm.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Something similar happened to me a few years ago at the KFC near the Westgate. I was eating some chicken when a van pulled up next to me. The van was from a stereo shop in Geelong, and the guy in the passenger seat asked me if I was interested in buying some cheap Bose speakers. I said I had a decent Kenwood setup at home but this guy spent the next 2 minutes crapping on about how good Bose stuff was but they eventually got the idea I wasn't interested.
A few months later I was reading the Geelong Advertiser and noticed a court report about 2 guys from the same stereo place had been charged with stealing stereo equipment from there and selling it off. They must have been the 2 guys trying to sell the Bose speakers to me, dodgy pricks. If it seems dodgy it usually is.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #33
Built2redline

same happened to me .. a day later another van pulled up next to me at the lights and you guessed it they were also selling soundsystems, i yelled out: i got offered the same thing yesterday mate!.. to which he replied: its the ute mate. we then pulled away from the set of lights and went our separate ways.
Built2redline is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #34
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
They tried to tell me the speakers had been paid for but the client didn't want them so they were going to sell them at cost price.
I had exactly the same thing happen, but i wass in a carpark in hawthorn, not even near my car and a white van was driving around. He said "i'll give ya these surround speakers worth $1.5k for $500" I told him politely to get f---ed because i'm a povo uni student. He then asked "so how much can you afford?" I told him I could afford 100 bucks. They said no and drove off, only to chuck the VW van in reverse and say that they could do it for 100 bucks. I told 'em "naaahh, changed my mind, you missed the boat" They weren't impressed i'd just wasted 5 minutes of there time
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #35
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
Mabey someone should pull over with a car full of mates and hijack the van ?
No need to hijack it, just tip it on its side and weld the doors shut

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #36
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

i just had this happen to me on burwood hwy

i was in the car all alone( just dropped my mate off at his place) once i was waiting to do a u-turn i had a rental van pull up beside me and a inside guy was asking me to roll down my window, i did thinking there was something woth my car, he asked if i wanted a cheap home theatre system for my house, (they looked dodge as they wore army style clothing etc and just looked dodge all together)

i said nah mate, the other guy in the van was like we'll do it in the back streets no one will know, i just shut the window and pressed the lock button on my car,

i wasnt willing to get sucked into something that will end up with my car being hijacked

but i wasm lucky i read this thread a few days ago or i woulda gone to see what they had, how that for luck

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #37
shane3
FPV GT 0915

The thing that got me thinking was that if it was only 2 guys in the van that would be okay (the cheap speaker trick), but to see another guy sitting in the back were there is no seat made me suspicious, as I have had it tried on me before.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:38 PM   #38
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah that bloke always used 2 be down chapel,
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #39
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
I had exactly the same thing happen, but i wass in a carpark in hawthorn, not even near my car and a white van was driving around. He said "i'll give ya these surround speakers worth $1.5k for $500" I told him politely to get f---ed because i'm a povo uni student. He then asked "so how much can you afford?" I told him I could afford 100 bucks. They said no and drove off, only to chuck the VW van in reverse and say that they could do it for 100 bucks. I told 'em "naaahh, changed my mind, you missed the boat" They weren't impressed i'd just wasted 5 minutes of there time
ROFLMAO
funny sh!t mate..
povo uni student -> i know exactly where your comin from
Old 14-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #40
KELDO_XR8

These guys must get around. Was just pullin into the servo and had a white kia pregio pull up next to me tryin to sell a surround system, thing was they kept tryin to get my to get out n look. Just said i couldnt afford it n they shut the door n burned off.

weird...
KELDO_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post