Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #31
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
If he has managed to do a deal to have his cars at the big pineapple whats the drama?
This would be a fantastic move for the fans of aussie cars/ motorsport.
Hope so mate, that would make one hell of a place to get your fill of motorsport. Maybe one of the Bowdens will fill us in if/when a deal is done.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think there is a museum of Champion's scale, similarly dedicated to one (and only one) racing car driver, anywhere else in the world.

It's a great pity to lose it.
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #33
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I for one am very sad for this news, my ex girlfriends parents place is only a street away from there, she told me a few times she wanted to take me there. I am a big Brock fan, as most Australian Motorsports fans are, but unfortunately, I won't see it now.

As for Mr 302, I can see after your comments on the "poor millionaire" that you do feel sorry. For yourself. It is quite obvious you will never be financially free, it is that sort of mentality that has you relying on employers, & the government to help you until you retire broke. Peter Champion has done well for himself, & when you get to his position, a big museum such as that, that you need to maintain & run, becomes that niggling headache that turns into a migraine after a while. And that migraine is no good when you are trying to focus on other multi million dollar ventures. And I am not talking HDT. I think it is very much like the museum. Just a way to keep the Brock name connection out there, & not to turn a profit from. HDT is now all about exclusivity. Not Brock, although the emotional connection is there.

Champion is obviously rather saddened to close it, but he has a point. If there is no one to able to afford to travel & see it, (which after the past few weeks, who has?) what is the point of keeping it open? I think he will make an open day like the bowdens do each year. But if the little headache is there & it turns into a migraine, & is unable to keep making millions, he have to sell the cars. & where will they go? To a collector who isn't a mate if Brocks, who will buy them PURELY as an investment, store them, & you will never get to see them until mr mystery millionaire pulls them out to make money on them. And I don't think the Bowdens can buy those cars all at once.....

Lighten up mate, he is feeling sorry for you, because if he doesn't, you won't see them again....... Then you WILL feel sorry.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 21-01-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #34
rodderz

Probably the location would have more to do with it. Factory itself is fine, and exposure to the main road, but in one of those places where it doesnt entice you to stop. Back in Rocky or closer to the beach would probably work better.

Building itself wasn't affected by the floods, but no doubt visitor numbers would of been down a bit all the same
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #35
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not against the museum or the owner, 1 bit
Yes he was affected by the floods, werent many others
Im not insecure in myself
I own everything and not even 40 yet (no parent handouts here)
So i know what hard work is all about
Maybe i read it wrong , maybe i didnt ???

Was the floods the complete reason for the closure,or was it an excuse for the closure
Theres mention of $45 ticket price to the museum
Call me well old fashion but does that mean its there for all to see
(If ya pay the $45 well yes)
I hope there is perhaps someway that negotiations could be done with the bowdens
But they certainly wont go into a deal where perhaps they could loose out
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post