Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #31
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Aww come on guys. This is meant to be a light hearted thread about the motor show.

Methinks this will be /thread soon.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Fairmont
Every race has its dumbasses, and just because you will usually see the dumbass wogs out, doesn't mean there are smart ones out there who know what they are on.
sorry mate but that doesnt make any sense and looks to me like you are digging your hole deeper "doesn't mean there are smart ones out there who know what they are on" shouldnt that say 'doesnt mean there ISNT smart ones out there who know wat they are on'
Old 19-10-2005, 09:48 PM   #33
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I have never been to a motor show, but it doesn't sound like I am missing out on anything.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #34
efgiar
rofl copter

ok, "wog" "Western oriental gentelman" JUST incase non of you guys knew what it meant, now 'WOG' is in NO WAY an offensive word. Yes there are some major d1ck head "wogs" out there but there are so very smart ones aswell, as with any race, "ebii fairmont" you nor that other tool should take offence to it because it did not point you out, you could be (FOR EXAMPLE) an italian, he could have been talking about a greek or a masodonian gentelmen. So before you take offence thing about what it means and if he pointed you out then yes you have every right to but NO he didnt so NO you shouldnt get offended.

ive never been to a motorshow before :( but i wouldnt mind going to the next one!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 12:24 AM   #35
Quicklier
Perfecting the 1-2 change

*Safe to read post*

Although I haven't been since '03, my last 8 hour stint in Jeffs shed involved many races.
Most involved two people and a pair of electric seats. Often I was let down with my extra 8kg of weight, but its surprising just how far forward they go. On the audi stand, I was laughing so hard (was in passenger seat) at my competitor as his knees were just a few mm from is forehead. The race was stopped with a loud crack that my knees made against the dash. Such a shame my body was trying to break the car.

Another good game was the panel gap test. close your eyes and run your finger down some gaps. The most even we found was on (wait for it) Hyundai Getz. The worst was actually the VY and C class mercs. I then accidentally broke some mounts on the grille of an E-Type... I wasn't the first for that day, apparently they're quite crap.

I love motorshows, and I love the people that go there. I quite happily got into the back of an LS430 for over 30 mins with the head of Lex-Aus giving us the full run-down. He knew we wouldn't buy, but we just lapped up everything he said, it's purely an amazing car. Ford stand was boring... too many people, no time to just enjoy the car and get a feel of everything.
Quicklier is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #36
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
ive never been to a motorshow before :( but i wouldnt mind going to the next one!
Go just to see whta it is like. But i reckoin, the first time is good and after that its only worth it, it there is gonna be something special. I've been for the last three years, and i haven't found it as interesting. The only good bits are petty much Ferrari stand and the very : ladies. I will never forget the birds at the mitsubishi stand :sm_drool:
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #37
BlackLS

I set all the child safety switches on the back doors on as many cars as i can. Was the funniest looking at the face of people trapped in the back seats, then watching this "larger" man (was about 120kg) having to climb over to the front seat of a power-windowed lancer to get out... Was like the car was giving birth to him.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #38
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

hehe that's classic. Sounds like there were a few prankers about.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post