Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #31
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Default Re: The boy deserves a medal.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
The boy deserves a medal????

You people have serious jealousy issues, leave JB alone, I would never listen to it but thousands of teenage girls do, thousands of teenage girls wear girly cloths, do girly things that no one here would do either, not our problem and a stupid thread.

This could have ruined the show for thousands of kids who payed big $$$ to go to the concert ( I personally shelled out close to $400 for my kids to go, and it was the most exciting day in my daughters life in her eyes at the moment, so why spoil it for her an thousands like her).

Are you people really so insecure and weak that you can't let a bunch of teenage girls enjoy a concert without getting joy out of someone attempting to ruin the experience for them.

Very sad really to see how bitter and twisted some of you people are with your lifes that you can not be and let be.
This was exactly the point I was making.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #32
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
what if some gets in his eye - whether it is an egg being thrown at a person or a car, it is a pathetic thing to do. i am sure there are many people who would rather an egg be thrown at a car and not a person, so the people on this forum are probably in the minority - some people need to grow up and show respect - but unfortunately that will never happen

and while i do not have experience with eggs on clothes - i somehow doubt that eggs can be washed off that easily
While i don't want to get into the technicalities of where the eggs where thrown from and which parts of the body they could have hit, i seriously doubt they would have caused any injuries to speak of.

Not sure what respect has to do with it, but people need to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously.

Having been to a few Bucks, i can tell you that eggs, flour, shaving cream, are very easily taken off bodily hair, bare skin and clothes, this is where a shower and washing machine come in.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #33
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
The simple answer is clothes and hair full of egg can be washed off, not so easy with car paint though is it.....
I would hate to be hit on the head by an egg dropped from the top of the venue, I recon it would seriously hurt, and could be a big scare if the kid (JB) or one of the other performers was hit unexpectedly while performing.

It could have ended the show, and it already is an embarrassment to Australia at the dis respect shown to a performer that comes out to our country to put on a show for our kids promoting healthy living and respect for others.

Quote:
Not sure what respect has to do with it, but people need to lighten up and stop taking life so seriously.
So you do not think it's dis respectful to throw eggs at a kid that has travelled half way around the world to put on a show??

If you do not like the music (like myself) just do not listen to it, I listen to my music, I do not throw eggs at people or the car next to me because I do not like the music they play, or the car they drive or their hair cut, that is what respect is all about.

And what about the fans, young teenage girls don't they deserve respect in the form of being able to enjoy the show that they or their parents payed for??

The kid that threw the eggs has no respect and no morals and probably no up bringing to speak of and is probably a loser anyway, will probably end up in a clock tower with a high powered rifle one day

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 06-05-2011 at 12:32 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #34
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
So you do not think it's dis respectful to throw eggs at a kid that has travelled half way around the world to put on a show??

If you do not like the music (like myself) just do not listen to it, I listen to my music, I do not throw eggs at people or the car next to me because I do not like the music they play, or the car they drive or their hair cut, that is what respect is all about.

And what about the fans, young teenage girls don't they deserve respect in the form of being able to enjoy the show that they or their parents payed for??
Yes it may be disrespectful to throw the eggs at anyone but the lack of respect comment was directed at some of the posters in this thread including the OP which are clearly having a laugh and are clearly not very serious, don't think it's fair to call them disrespectful, it's called taking the **** but obviously some people dont have a sense of humor and don't really get it. The way i see it is if it's obvious that the comments are in jest which they clearly are in this case, either go along with the joke, or go whinge somewhere else. Ruined a perfectly good thread imo...
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #35
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
go whinge somewhere else
Now here's a piece of your own advice you should consider taking on board.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
what if some gets in his eye - whether it is an egg being thrown at a person or a car, it is a pathetic thing to do. i am sure there are many people who would rather an egg be thrown at a car and not a person, so the people on this forum are probably in the minority - some people need to grow up and show respect - but unfortunately that will never happen
I remember back in high school during a muck up day (I think it was the year before) an egg actually cut someone's ear no real damage but it can happen.

This isn't the first time someone at a concert someone has been hit, a couple of years ago Ben Lee got hit in the head with a can of VB. He kept going with the concert.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #37
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
This isn't the first time someone at a concert someone has been hit, a couple of years ago Ben Lee got hit in the head with a can of VB. He kept going with the concert.
VB!!!!!!
Well there you have it. VB. Domestic violence in a can. Expect nothing less.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #38
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I remember back in high school during a muck up day (I think it was the year before) an egg actually cut someone's ear no real damage but it can happen.

Daniel Johns (Silverchair) was hit in the face with a beer bottle at the age of ~16 whilst performing, it smashed across his face and cut his forehead open. He kept playing.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Evans
Daniel Johns (Silverchair) was hit in the face with a beer bottle at the age of ~16 whilst performing, it smashed across his face and cut his forehead open. He kept playing.

I thought he got hit a while back but couldn't remember.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
Now here's a piece of your own advice you should consider taking on board.
This forum never ceases to amaze me!!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #41
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems there's two sorts of grumbling going on here -

1) The typical 'oh no - JB's on the radio again and I want something a little less sappy to listen to' reaction that leads to a jokey 'I wish that the cocky little kid would have his 5 minutes of fame and go away' feeling or statement.
There's also a hint of jealousy - 'I wish I was that together at 17 - I was just a twit with a finger in my nose and a hand down my pants'.

It would be great to be an always-loving saint or a serene buddha, but I'm just not that perfect.
I'm me, and 'me' is human with a fair serving of human frailties, which include getting tired of trying to be 'good' and 'PC' all the time.
So I have a caustic dig at something, which reduces personal anxiety but no-doubt spreads a bit of poisonous bile around for others to suck up or get burned by. So shoot me. I don't suggest that little Mr JB should be attacked with anything, but its somehow amusing when another kid lets loose. Maybe he was dumped for a JB poster ?

And 2) there's the grumbling that comes from people who see my sort of grumbling as a sin, like levity and irony, and any sort of gallows humour.
Yes, little girls love JB's brand of pap and always will - good luck to them. I can always switch the radio off.
Yes, there's more than enough sorrow and horror in the world already without adding any more negativity to it.
And yes, it is possible to whinge about something without suggesting that the source of complaint be eliminated.

I'm genuinely trying to be nice to everyone with an opinion on this matter here. (for a change)

Though didn't granny say something about 'try to please everyone and you please no-one ?'

Last edited by shedcoupe; 06-05-2011 at 11:13 AM.
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #42
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[IMG][/IMG]
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #43
THE CADBURY KID

Ha that picture made me choke on my own laugh its so close to the truth
He reminds me of the lesbian who made it to the final of the tila tequila is looking for a girl/boyfriend show on foxtel,they look identical.
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #44
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

You don't throw eggs at anyone, regardless of who they are...

The kid sings crappo music, who cares...If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #45
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe
It seems there's two sorts of grumbling going on here -

1) The typical 'oh no - JB's on the radio again and I want something a little less sappy to listen to' reaction that leads to a jokey 'I wish that the cocky little kid would have his 5 minutes of fame and go away' feeling or statement.
There's also a hint of jealousy - 'I wish I was that together at 17 - I was just a twit with a finger in my nose and a hand down my pants'.

It would be great to be an always-loving saint or a serene buddha, but I'm just not that perfect.
I'm me, and 'me' is human with a fair serving of human frailties, which include getting tired of trying to be 'good' and 'PC' all the time.
So I have a caustic dig at something, which reduces personal anxiety but no-doubt spreads a bit of poisonous bile around for others to suck up or get burned by. So shoot me. I don't suggest that little Mr JB should be attacked with anything, but its somehow amusing when another kid lets loose. Maybe he was dumped for a JB poster ?

And 2) there's the grumbling that comes from people who see my sort of grumbling as a sin, like levity and irony, and any sort of gallows humour.
Yes, little girls love JB's brand of pap and always will - good luck to them. I can always switch the radio off.
Yes, there's more than enough sorrow and horror in the world already without adding any more negativity to it.
And yes, it is possible to whinge about something without suggesting that the source of complaint be eliminated.

I'm genuinely trying to be nice to everyone with an opinion on this matter here. (for a change)

Though didn't granny say something about 'try to please everyone and you please no-one ?'

Shedcoupe... Just keep posting mate!
Your wit and incongruous sense of humour is a breath of fresh air amid the super sensitives and PC's!
( You're not related to sourbastard are you? )
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )

Last edited by Charliewool; 06-05-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #46
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Shedcoupe... Just keep posting mate!
Your wit and incongruous sense of humour is a breath of fresh air amid the super sensitives and PC's!
( You're not related to sourbastard are you? )
No, and 'thanks matey'.
I'll keep posting as long as I keep my teeth.
(for some, 'wit' = 'f***wit')
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I hope the little bastard gets a criminal record for what he did. Facts are, he did damage property and entered a premises without consent to commit illegal acts (battery). Just because he hates Justin Bieber doesn't give him the right to forgo laws which are put in place to protect ALL of us. Stupid little moron should be convicted of what he's done and ordered to do community service and/or pay a fine.

No, I can't stand that "baby baby baby" twaddle, Bieber isn't my cup of tea either. The fact that people like it fills me with despair at the direction of society but alas, we've had clunkers like Milli Vanilli and Rick Astley, Bros etc. Still doesn't excuse the little criminal bastard nor does it mitigate the laws he broke to pursue Bieber.

Quote: