Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Laser02

Question New windsceen tint

Note I have a 2002 model ford Laser

After getting a cracked windsceen, I had it replaced.

The new windscreen appears not to be tinted, the windscreen bloke said all new windsceens are tinted. But compared to the rest of the car the windscreen appears to be pretty pale.

Apart from what appears to be part numbers (eg 43R-001853 on windscreen) I saw on the other windows a marking "E6", whilst the windscreen has "E1". I don't know if this means anything, but the windscreen bloke said he didn't know what these markings meant.

Does anyone know how to tell levels of tinting?

Does anyone know if alll new windscreens for this model are tinted?

Any other advice?

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
Eclipse

The tinting of front screens is the top section of the screen that is coloured eg blue, black, green and normally fades into clear, this tinted section should be 10% of the height of the screen (Aust. standards). Tinting the whole screen is ilegal.

Cheers.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 09:45 PM   #3
Eclipse

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...vsi03_rev3.pdf

This is for NSW, im pretty sure that most states law is close to these.

Cheers.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post