Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
mattri

Default need advise warrenty issue

Ok, took my car to ford today so they can run their diagnistics through the car to see why my boost level is down. And just as i thought it was the solinoid causing the problem.

THey said no worries we can fix that in a few hours, we will call you when we know if for sure it is it

Got a call back and it was the solinoid so i thought sweet, get it fixed, edit here i come.

Now here is where the story gets pretty sh*tty. They said its not covered under warrenty. becuase i have SS induction on my car and a K&N filter, this would of caused the siolinoid to pack it in. They said if they had of fitted the induction it would be covered but becasue i did it myself sorry no warrenty.

Im not going to mention the dealers name but they are in sydney. I have asked for the reason its not covered in writing.

What can i do, i mean its only 100 bux but its the morel, any feedback would be good

mattri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

They have to provide evidence in writing that what they are claiming actually caused the issue.

Until that point I would be on the phone to them until they accept cost.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 03:53 PM   #3
mattri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
They have to provide evidence in writing that what they are claiming actually caused the issue.

Until that point I would be on the phone to them until they accept cost.

they did provide it writing it said, not under warrenty due to modification, that was all

atleast my boost if fixed, hamemrs now, backup to .45 bar
Old 21-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I would have thought that they would have to link the failure in a competent manner

Any stooge can type crap on a PC to print out

Again, there is little chance in hell I would accept that explanation!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That's insane. The BA has a solenoid wastegate actuator, not a dash pot? If it's a solenoid that's stupid, there is no way it could damage it. Even still, CAI and filter would do nothing to it.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

How do you find SS inductions air intake? I hear they arent so flash, they have been called ss reduction...do you find it makes a diff? Curious as to wether they may work better on fords than on holdens
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
How do you find SS inductions air intake? I hear they arent so flash, they have been called ss reduction...do you find it makes a diff? Curious as to wether they may work better on fords than on holdens
Have a read HERE
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

yep G&D CAI's are good
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2005, 11:43 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Another CLASSIC example of why Ford Service Depts are the most hated place for any Ford owner.
The justifications they seem to pull out of their **** to get out of paying for things are amazing, and every time the correlation between fault and modifications done (if any) get wilder and wilder. I am fully expecting to see a thread on here one day about somebody wanting a squaeky door fixed, and Ford knocking it back saying "you opened it, you stuffed warranty". It is that ridiculous that owners cant personalise their cars without fear of Ford using it as the get out of jail free card to not pay for warranty work that if I ever buy a new Ford again, the warranty servicing part can get stuffed - the car wont go back to Ford for servicing at all, only warranty work. And even then i will be watching like a hawk.

It is extremely poor form to market your warranty and service ( "nobody knows your Ford like we do" - there is a reason for that) as such a golden point of buying a new Ford, and then see owners choke on crap like this. Poor form Ford!
Old 22-10-2005, 01:21 AM   #10
gtfpv
GT

I Bet It Was Sinclair .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #11
mattri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I Bet It Was Sinclair .

nope somewhere in ryde
Old 22-10-2005, 06:26 PM   #12
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattri
nope somewhere in ryde
Any wonder, from going there......

Best bet is winford.

I went there for zorst issues (good old heat shields).
That afternoon, whole new exhaust replaced under warranty, fixed this and that too. Checked bla bla.

I know they did, cos the car was running SO much better.

A good servce department is as rare as a virgin in mt druitt, BUT they do exist.
Just have faith and prepare to travel....

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #13
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Another CLASSIC example of why Ford Service Depts are the most hated place for any Ford owner.
The justifications they seem to pull out of their **** to get out of paying for things are amazing, and every time the correlation between fault and modifications done (if any) get wilder and wilder. I am fully expecting to see a thread on here one day about somebody wanting a squaeky door fixed, and Ford knocking it back saying "you opened it, you stuffed warranty". It is that ridiculous that owners cant personalise their cars without fear of Ford using it as the get out of jail free card to not pay for warranty work that if I ever buy a new Ford again, the warranty servicing part can get stuffed - the car wont go back to Ford for servicing at all, only warranty work. And even then i will be watching like a hawk.

It is extremely poor form to market your warranty and service ( "nobody knows your Ford like we do" - there is a reason for that) as such a golden point of buying a new Ford, and then see owners choke on crap like this. Poor form Ford!
I agree.

It's ad thay you buy a ford and might as well service it yaself. No warrenty anyway and they just rip the consumer.... Geeezm this really p1sses me off!! :jab:
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 09:01 PM   #14
EL_futuraistic

CAI and KN Filter caused warranty to be void for a solenoid.

Well, maybe these items need to be removed before you take your vehicle to ford. Then there is no arguement. Perhaps have your vehicle inspected elsewhere, and when u know the problem (if its covered under warranty) return your vehicle to stock, then get it fixed.

It seem that more and more people are having warranty issues with modified vehicles, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere.... but a different air filter is hardly cause to void warranty.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post