Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #31
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

they probly did have their belts done up , but they are like most other non thinking fools who think they know best ! If you look at the forth shot you can see the belt has slipped down off his shoulder , because he has used stock seats and not seats designed for use with harnesses! hers will be the same . They think because they have racing harnesses they are safe as houses! HAHAHAHAHA ! I have built and raced my own Sprintcars in the past and did alot of research into saftey equipment and this is not the only thing people over look when building performance cars ! Racing harnesses must be used with the right seats and bar work and set up at the right angles or they will be useless like , as was shown here ! Even if used with seats that the harness passes thru, if there is not horizontal bar at or slightly above shoulder level the back of the seat could collapse and and cause a compression injury to the spine ! Harnesses should not be secured on the parcel self right back near the rear window , they have way to much length to stretch ( and beleive me they strech a long way ) than if they were secured to a shoulder hight bar just behind the seat ! Did any of you know that most racing harnesses deteriorate at a faster rate when exposed to sunlight than factory type seat belts ! there are many more facts that people just dont realise when it comes to setting up saftey equipment ! I could go on for hours !

But i wont unless someone is interested in their own saftey , I would be only 2 happy to help !

One of my uncles rolled hius car when he was a young bloke and his best mate was in the passengers seat , was holding on to the roof gutter like the woman shown and lost all his fingers and half his palm because of it ! It got severed and was too damaged to reattach ! So there is a tip for young players as well !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior

Last edited by Blue Oval Mopar Man; 18-10-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #32
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Woah, thats pretty intense. But how fast were they going to do that. Shows that some people who put money and effort into cars dont consider what happeneds if that car was to roll, as is evident in the pictures ... Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
damn....thats dodgey as!

And look at the rear windscreen in the third pic! What it was held there by blue-tak?
Actually if you notice in most the pictures the window is in tact so maybe its just the sticker on the window thats put on diagonal for some reason, who knows.

EDIT: upon looking further, it may even be just a piece of plastic with the writing on it sitting on the rear parcel shelf.

A few people sed he seems to be smiling, I think hes gritting his teeth whilst about to roll over and the passenger is holding on as you would in a slide/roll over.

Last edited by martO; 18-10-2005 at 09:05 PM.
martO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #33
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

HAHAHAHA thats UNREAL!

hope they ate it big time!
serves them right i say!!!

would be good to see the video i reckon!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #34
Dodge
i like to be stroked

thats wood duck racing for u, i bet he was spewing he spilt his rum and coke
Old 18-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #35
buickman
buickman

Well you can't put brains in a monument. Dangerous rear tyres & no consideration of others wellbeing. What for skiteing in front of others & destoyring your car.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #36
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

the driver was unhurt, the femal passenger had a small cut on her forehead and a grazed elbow, both treated on scene @ the track by ambulance crews

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #37
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
If your car tips over when spinning you have suspension issues or need new tyres...
or you drive a holden :

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #38
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevan Boy
Definately real

Happened at Powercruise on the weekend in QLD. Havent heard about the condition of the passengers, but they werent the only car to roll for the weekend!
Yer i said to a mate that they where goin to crash. I remember seeing him sideways down the straight goin oh so fast with that realy soft boggy drag suspension in the rear.