Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
howey

Default fpr factory - very impressed

I was lucky enough to go for a guided tour through the FPR workshops and fabrication areas last night, in one of three groups of about fifteen people. I must say that even though I had a fair idea of what I would see, I was suitably impressed anyway.

We missed by 5 minutes seeing Rob Benson giving his development mule engine a pounding in the dyno room which was a shame.

The only area we weren't allowed to be taken through was the electronic engineering and suspension r+d area as too many secrets could be viewed.

The tour was well run, so it is something they obviously do regularly and I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to go takes advantage of it.

howey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

I've personally recieved a guided tour of the factory when i was down there for work experience last year, it was quite impressive. I missed out on seeing Lowndes or Seton as they were at the QLD 300 round. Although John Bowe made it up there during the 2 weeks I was there. But i preferred the visit to the research and development centre where i saw quite a few typhoons and test mules whilst it was still a concept model, and the tornado before it was released. Oh and a few other secret things yet to be seen.

I would also recommend anyone to go there its quite good to see, I would assume they give thorough tours if you went with a tour guide so it would definately be worth it.

martO