Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Hitting someone with a bat will show you were expecting such an incident, not worth going away for.

I know someone who once fronted another driver with a long handled shovel, his bluff was called and said shovel left some nice marks across his own back after he was relieved of it.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #32
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Very similar story to this one?

http://www.theage.com.au/national/pu...0915-fpue.html

Quote:
Punches thrown as road-rage thug forces car off freeway
PAUL MILLAR
September 16, 2009 - 7:00AM

An afternoon trip up the Princes Freeway turned sour yesterday when a driver tossed a carton of milk at a car, then rammed his car into another vehicle and beat its driver.

The madness continued at Warragul when the driver's woman passenger rushed over to confront a pregnant woman in the front seat of the victim's car.

She backed off after the woman told her she had a two-year-old daughter in the back seat.

Perhaps she had a pang of conscience as there were three children in the rear of the attacker's car.

Police said the incident happened just before 3pm, on the Bairnsdale-bound section of the freeway, a kilometre west of the Lardner Park exit.

The victim of the assault, driving a blue Ford sedan, was in the right lane following a Barina, which had a maroon Ford alongside, prior to the attack.

The driver of the maroon Ford yelled abuse at the two women in the Barina, then hurled the milk carton at their car. It deflected onto the front left side of the blue Ford.

The maroon Ford then rammed into the blue car, forcing it onto the grass, where it came to rest.

Police said the driver of the maroon Ford jumped out of his car and then punched the other man several times to the head.

His partner then made her way over but had second thoughts when she was told there was a youngster in the victim's vehicle.

The attacker's car is an EF Ford sedan, with a grey front bumper bar, a white skull sticker on the rear window and it was displaying P plates.

It would have damage along the passenger side and was towing a rusty trailer.

The driver is described as being aged in his mid to late 30s, 182 centimetres, with a thin to medium build. He has long black hair, tied in a pony tail with a black beard.

He was wearing a black T-shirt with a motif on the chest with dark pants and has tattooed arms.

The passenger is in her mid-30s, 175cm with a thin build. She has long blonde hair and was wearing a baggy cream T-shirt and also has tattoos.
What's wrong with people?? :
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #33
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76txcoupe
Unfortunatly if you dish out a flogging to someone who nearly backed into you....the cops won't care that your old man said it was ok...they'll arrest you.
You misunderstood, some guy was reversing towards my car, since he was getting mighty close I decided to give a quick beep to warn him which made him give out the middle finger and get out his car and act the hero. Secondly if he were to damage my car or try throw a punch a man has everyright to give it back ten fold no matter what the police have to say. It would not be the best thing to do but so is life. People deserve what they dish out, wether you hear that from your dads or some guy off the street thats how it should be.
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #34
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must be a pretty crap business if they've still got an XF
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Your thoughts and possible future actions aren't something I condone. Basically what you've said is, if someones brainless enough to try and belt you up over a road incident, then you've got a "right" to assault them too? Mate, no offence, but you don't have that right. You also make note of the fact that if he hits your car, you have the right to hit him. No....you have the right to dial your insurer and quote his license plate..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #36
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your thoughts and possible future actions aren't something I condone. Basically what you've said is, if someones brainless enough to try and belt you up over a road incident, then you've got a "right" to assault them too? Mate, no offence, but you don't have that right. You also make note of the fact that if he hits your car, you have the right to hit him. No....you have the right to dial your insurer and quote his license plate..
Basically I'm not worried if other people condone other peoples behaviour, and secondly everyone has a right to defend them selves in situations if they have to. Common sense and having balls tells a person to fight back IF they must. And you misunderstood again, If a person physically damages your car by either kicking or punching then you must act (a person backing into your car in thier vehicle by accident is completely different), whats to say your not next in line? I see your one of them guys who upon discovering a burgler in thier house will hide in the wardrobe and refer to your trusty Australian rules and regulations books before acting? Not everything is by the book mate, sometimes you must act upon the situation and only then after events proceed THEN a person can be deemed to be in the right or wrong. This is why there are court systems in place..
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #37
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Making your own uneducated assumptions about me as a person won't validate your argument. If someone breaks into my house, I'd use reasonable force to detain them, if I could. I wouldn't beat them to within an inch of their life, as now a burglar has as many rights as us. However there's a fine line between defense and stupidity. Some day you'll get picked on by a bigger rougher person who will level you because you couldn't be the better man, back off and leave it alone. Who's got the balls now? I won't go into the other stuff you said. All I know is, if it does happen to me and I am next in line, I won't be going home with injuries.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #38
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. Some day you'll get picked on by a bigger rougher person who will level you because you couldn't be the better man, back off and leave it alone. .
Yeah I agree, Or someone with a blade or gun or who has HIV and is on something that ensures he wont be alive in 5 years but in the meantime gives him 5 times the strength, or runs you over etc... Just best to let the crap go

Even if he wacks you and you give alot back chances are the coppers charge both of you anyway as ive seen it happen to people I know.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2009, 06:28 AM   #39
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

I didn't know what all the fuss was about when you said Canterbury Rd... then I realised this wasn't in Sydney.

Welcome to the new millennium.