Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2005, 11:53 PM   #31
EFFalcon
Last warning

yeah, there are always gunna be the ppl who simply lower it, put big newer model wheels on it and a cat back and now think its the ducks guys.
when u think about it, its not *that* hard to do something different
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #32
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

cool... so if efs are the bombs... my eb is a classic!

cool!
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #33
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Actually I have noticed a few more EA/EB's going around my area. I think it's when more of those cars go `out of circulation' as everyday drivers and more into the enthusiasts' hands. From there, what `looks good' becomes a public opinion and everyone attempts to follow that look, and when they do, their car isn't original anymore, and moves to an older or newer model, or paints it pink to make it original again

Quote:
yeah, there are always gunna be the ppl who simply lower it, put big newer model wheels on it and a cat back and now think its the ducks guys.
when u think about it, its not *that* hard to do something different
You forgot the loud stereo :P
I haven't seen many manual EA S wagons in silver going about, especially tinted and with a nice 'roo bar :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #34
jmc-007

in my area it seems that, the people who have had good EB-EL Cars are now selling them and uptrading to later model AUIIIs or Ba's

a fair ammount of good condition EB-EL cars running around at the moment. and then you have your dodgey ea's and od thrashed one , where you have to wonder how it parses rego.

:

Hrrm im looking at an AUIII XR8 with 38,000 kms on it at the moment.

XR8 :eclipsee_ or House deposit / GF :
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #35
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
The problem with the majority of commies and falcons is every man and his dog has the exact same car.

I cannot tell you how many VLs i see that are slammed on their ***** with cop chasers but apart from that they are mostly in bad nick Then these "bogans" drive around the same place back and forth everyday thinkn that their car is something special when its just the same boring thing all over again.

Same with VSs. Some guy has a beefed up VS SS and all he does is drive back and forth to the petrol station at least 3 times while im at work nearly everyday. Same goes for E and X series falcons. Rather boring when everyone has got the same crap on the same car. Id rather add my own touch and be different from the pack. Just my oppinion.
I know what you mean man.

Being a VL owner myself I hate seeing rusty old VLs with chasers and 5 bogans in them it just gives VLs a bad name and thats why I always worry about coming onto a site like this and being flamed cause I have a VL.

Yeah and it is kinda boring seeing the same crap on them to thats why I went for the clean slick look with mine ie no bodykits and wings.

But VYSSs arent exactly un-common on VLs but I rarely see any in Newcastle.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #36
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
lol O/T but did you see me following you today? In Fitzmaurice St past Romanos around the corner at the Commonwealth Bank - and you ran a red light you bugger :
haha, it was yellow!!! _2: :hihi:
Old 05-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #37
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY18s
I know what you mean man.

Being a VL owner myself I hate seeing rusty old VLs with chasers and 5 bogans in them it just gives VLs a bad name and thats why I always worry about coming onto a site like this and being flamed cause I have a VL.

Yeah and it is kinda boring seeing the same crap on them to thats why I went for the clean slick look with mine ie no bodykits and wings.

But VYSSs arent exactly un-common on VLs but I rarely see any in Newcastle.
so true, and its the same a VS's they can be quite good looking cars, but when bogans chuck some ugly looking taxi rims (sorry "intercepters") they make them into real awefull and tastess looking cars
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #38
kaytonk
Moopheus?

lol, just drove past the perfect example. Outside one of my competitors, there is three white vl's, all with the same cr@p mags and bodykit, they must have to look at their number plates to see who's is who's

Last edited by kaytonk; 05-08-2005 at 02:24 PM. Reason: they're there and their, no wonder i learn other languages
kaytonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #39
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon hey.

I mean wtf is up with white VLs and bodykits? honestly white VLs look crap with bodykits hell I dont really like white VLs in general.

Why couldnt they be more individual like me and have a gold VL?

I love VLs to death but I get sick of seing the highly common kitted VL with sh***y mags and mismatching panels. lol

Sorry for going so OT.

Last edited by Ryan; 05-08-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #40
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
ef's and el's are more affordable now thats why theres more hotted up ones going around.
That is the answer. Next it will be AU's & then BA's.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 06:26 PM   #41
kaytonk
Moopheus?

I guess the same can be said about white falcons, they look better than most colours once you throw on red bump strips, but because of this, you see a lot of white falcons. That said, I see an even spread of the other colours. Having a white commo prob makes buying replacement panels that almost match easier, and you can buy bodykits off people who realise they wasted their money and not have to paint it. Gold VL, sets you aside from the pack. notice you havent been flamed owning a commo, I think people only get defensive (or should that be offensive) when holden lovers come onto ford sites and try and argue that holden are better, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but its not like I go to holden sites and post how fords are better.
EDIT: they look better than most standard colours, cars resprayed a custom colour will always stand out, even if they have nothing else done.
Buickman, the day I can buy a bogan ba I will be one happy camper
Old 05-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #42
Dezza
Parts bin special

I agree with the the VL comments. My cousin had a black VL Calais and it was a really nice car. It was individual, and it looked very tidy, but, seeing a lot of these other VLs, they are just ordinary. You do get other good ones, but for every good VL, there are probably 5 bogan VLs. I reckon the VK situation is just as bad, and I don't know how many beaten up VB Commodores I have seen with a big exhaust and a lowering job.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #43
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and have you all noticed that when a new model comes out
the model thats a few models back start turning up in
wrecking yards in big numbers.
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey guys this might be a dumb question but : is a bogan?????
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:53 AM   #45
HOON69
Banned

actually i see more au taxi's around then ef's and el's combined

but yeah as for the ef's i've seen some in GC fairmont and futura models selling as low as 2500-3700 with a tad over 230k on em
thats 230,thousand ppl's.

nearly bought one the other day actually and am still looking into one atm
they are a popular car i think its more that the price is getting lower and bang for buck they are a good buy.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #46
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
hey guys this might be a dumb question but : is a bogan?????
a yobbo..
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
actually i see more au taxi's around then ef's and el's combined

but yeah as for the ef's i've seen some in GC fairmont and futura models selling as low as 2500-3700 with a tad over 230k on em
thats 230,thousand ppl's.

nearly bought one the other day actually and am still looking into one atm
they are a popular car i think its more that the price is getting lower and bang for buck they are a good buy.
Friend of mine bought an EFII Futura, factory dual fuel with 220,000 on the clock for $3000 not so long ago.

One thing I love about the EF's and EL's is they're still a classy looking car. The design certainly has stood the test of time.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:51 AM   #48
kaytonk
Moopheus?

think flanolette, and mullet
Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 AM   #49
andrew_smith_84
my one day build...

with no RWC in SA, i'm seeing alot of mid to late 90's cars around the streets. Not sure about other states but it's real easy to tell if the car is from the east, the new plates start with X, funny to see a BA and an EF with near identical plates.
andrew_smith_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #50
kaytonk
Moopheus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
and have you all noticed that when a new model comes out
the model thats a few models back start turning up in
wrecking yards in big numbers.
indeed, back when I had an xf, I was planning on putting an ea grille on it, couldnt find an ea in any wreckers here, now one of them has two lines of them
Old 06-08-2005, 11:10 AM   #51
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a lot of these people do is put on really wide tyres and cut the springs. I dont mean to insult anyone whos got cut springs but that is such a bad thing for the car.

If anyones been in a car with cut springs you will know how bad the ride is not to mention the damage you can do to your car. When you get your car lowered they have put springs to compensate for how low the car is.

When you cut the springs they dont compensate for the ridheight and if you hit a pothole or a big bump you can f**k your car royally. Its best to save the money for potential repairs and put it towards getting it lowered properly.

I once saw a WRX ripped to but had cut springs. The rear diff was sparking on the ground. He took a good handly car and made it s**t.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #52
tick5.0
Want some classic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_smith_84
with no RWC in SA, i'm seeing alot of mid to late 90's cars around the streets. Not sure about other states but it's real easy to tell if the car is from the east, the new plates start with X, funny to see a BA and an EF with near identical plates.
My EF came from Vic and has a 'W' plate. I was actually behind a BA last night with the same letters. Cars are generally a bit cheaper over there and one car yard I went to years ago had a heap of 8-12 year old cars bought from auction in NSW.

In SA atm im seeing a lot of white EF Fairmonts, lowered with big wheels and exhausts. Does any one know why there are so many white EF's out there? Did they sell more of them or are there a lot of resprayed ex-taxi's going around. I don't see too many blue ones in comparison.
EF II XR8, Supercharged manual *** FOR SALE ***
XC Falcon, waiting for the Clevo & C4 - Sold
AE101 Corolla, the daily - Sold
SII RX-7, original - Sold
BF II GT
Alfa Romeo 156 JTS, the new daily
Z31 300ZX Turbo
tick5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #53
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
I hear Ford had a few EF/ELs stored up the back of the Broady plant and have just let them loose.
LMAO .... that's funny .
Either that ... or they broke out of there and set themselves free.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #54
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I have to say that I have noticed an increase in the numbers of modded e series falcons which is great to see. IMO the EF/EL was the best looking falcon of the last couple of decades, they look great with minor work and very tidy. They are seriously wrecked with wild body kits, Ford got the style right first time (especially with the XR). I also have a soft spot for the ED model, in fact commented to the missus yesterday that I miss my old ED. I wouldn't mind if I could find a EF/EL XR8 in good nick to have as a toy (mod the hell out of it) and keep my BA XR8 as a daily driver. I think it will be a long time before Ford puts out another with the lines just right (BA was close, better than AU). Thats my opinion.