Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My lucky morning

There are still some decent police officers in S.A....

Had to go to the local shop this morning to grab a few items. Took the Fairmont. Coming back from the shops to my house there is this particularly delicious round-about. As I approached it I knocked the trans back into second, weaved through the round-about at a bit of a pace, then just squeezed the throttle and listened to the glorious sound of 5.0 litres for a bit. I was just backing off and about to return to the appropriate speed when a patrol car came around the bend the other way and looked straight at me. I glanced at my speedo, 83 in a 60. Shit! He hit the anchors hard and started a three point turn so I just pulled over and got out to wait for him. No point getting into more poo.
He jumped out his patrol and looked at my licence, then proceeded to give me a good dressing down. Told me I was a lucky bastard as he was going the other way and couldn't get a following speed on me and let me go with an Australia Day warning (His words!). Didn't even look at the Fairmont... thank God!

I've always said if you don't smart mouth them and accept you've been caught the police can be bloody reasonable. If I was a ****er he could have defected my car and reported me for Due Care at a minimum I guess.

Or... maybe It was just too hot outside to be writing tickets, we both left our motors running and air conds going LOL

Darin.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post