Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Question Should Ford get involved in road safety and driver training?

As per the thread title - should Ford be more involved in road safety and driver training?

I'm not talking about the passive safety features in its cars, I'm talking about community programs/initiatives to support or sometimes counter the policy moves that State Governments come up with and perhaps do its own bit to arrest the national road toll. Kind of like getting its image out there, but in another way.

Fact is, the road toll involves people, driving cars, getting killed. Of course there are pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists, truck drivers that add to all of it, but most road trauma comes from people driving cars. Cars and roads today are safer than they have ever been, but people still get killed and maimed. The common denominator is, of course, people.

High profile crashes over the past 12 months involving young or novice drivers driving Fords have been spread all over the media. I'm not saying Ford is complicit in these crashes in any way shape or form, but would it be prudent for Ford to be on the front foot with its own road safety programs and support driver training schemes?

It could also serve to hose down the occasional criticism from some quarters where performance cars = bad = dead people.

Discuss.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post