Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking FPV boss to race F6 in endurance race

http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/news/...nce-race-19787

Quote:
Putting in a good performance at the Bathurst 12 Hour race earlier in the year, the FPV F6 will now tackle the Australian 6 Hour at Eastern Creek

After a strong showing at the Bathurst 12 Hour race in February, the FPV F6 will be returning for active duty at the Australian Six Hour at Eastern Creek Raceway on July 17-18.

The FPV F6 will be piloted by endurance racers Peter Boylan and Geoff Morgan, along with Ford Performance Vehicle's General Manager, Rod Barrett.

Barrett is no stranger to motor racing, having spent more than half a decade in UK motorsport competition, including stints in Formula Ford and Thunder Saloons.

More recently Barrett returned to competitive racing, driving in the V8 Utes Legends races at the Clipsal 500. He finished third overall for the weekend and is now keen for more racing.

The FPV F6 will be prepared for competition by Ted Robinson and Barrett seemed upbeat about his chances in the Australian Six Hour at Eastern Creek Raceway.

"It's a very familiar car to me, because that's what my business is all about, I'm actually test driving my own product which is great," Barrett said.

"I think the Bathurst 12 Hour proved that the car has got reliability over a long period, and whilst it may not be as quick as the Japanese four-wheel-drive cars at the beginning of the race, it will definitely come into its own as the hours tick by. My forte has always been endurance style racing, I did a lot of it in the UK, I did Thunder Saloons, and I did 24 hour races in Production Cars in 1986 and '87," explained Barrett.

"The car's got heaps and heaps of torque and really good power, the one thing it lacks against the competition is that it's only two-wheel drive. It handles very well, it stops very well, and it's got a lot of power.

"The plan will be just to keep in a competitive spot in the early part, then launch an attack at the podium come the end of the race," added Barrett.
Great to see that the boss man is so happy with the product he want's to race it
Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post