The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #31
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS June 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Good points.
I noticed the Amorok 2.3T uses a bit more fuel (9.9) than the 3.0 TD (8.5) and is slightly slower in 0-100 kph.
If you’re going to spend +$89K on Amorok Adventura model to ge the turbo petrol, V6 diesel is only $1,700 more.
I really wonder just how many sales of the 2.3T VW will get, doubt the the petrol engine is worth the effort.
Based on the dealer I went to with someone who wanted an Amarok, in Adventura trim if you wanted the V6D it was an order and up to 9 months. Adventura with the 2.3T, they had 5 in stock ready to go. I get its only 1 dealer but its pretty telling.

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #32
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I was in the market for a dc ute and had the $ for this price set...
I would go the 2.3 petrol simply because I dont want a diesel entering and exiting my garage enclosed and attached to my town house with diesel fumes hanging about entering the house. Also the cleaner fill at the pump no stinking diesel all over the hands ..unless you wear gloves.
Any experts here able to explain which is the least polluting ...3.0 d or 2.3 t?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #33
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Based on the dealer I went to with someone who wanted an Amarok, in Adventura trim if you wanted the V6D it was an order and up to 9 months. Adventura with the 2.3T, they had 5 in stock ready to go. I get its only 1 dealer but its pretty telling.
Yes, without HEV or PHEV that 2.3 EB option on a high trim Ute makes little sense.
It’s around $1,700 less than the V6 diesel, if you were able to get cheaper petrol prices
that happen in the city, it may be worth the effort…
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: